• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Beige has gone to the Bridge

rabswood

Wise Old Thumper
Thank you to everyone for their condolences. I don't know how this happened, how I lost Beige. He would have been 5 in April, still so young.
On Sunday I noticed he wasn't eating, he still had an appetite and would go to the food bowl carefully pick out a piece of food then just drop it in front of himself however he still went out to free range but later in his run sat in the hay box. I syringe fed him some Recovery mixture and water that day and gave him a tummy rub to keep things going. Yesterday I syringe fed him again but left him in the condo with Big as I had to go over to my mum and step dad's they are both ill with the norovirus. Beige was quiet, still interested in food but seemed unable to eat. I suspected a spur was preventing him from doing so.

At my mum's house things took a turn for the worst and she was rushed to hospital, I went with her. Fortunately after receiving fluids and getting her blood sugar back up they let me take her back home. I got home about 8.30pm and syringe fed Beige some baby food which he seemed to enjoy and again some water. Put him back in the condo with Big and covered them up for the night. After all the New Year fireworks etc at around 2.00am I decided I would give him another syringe feed to keep him going as he felt a little cold I decided to bring him and Big in for the night and put them in a run in the spare room. At 7.30am I woke up and decided to check on him and he had died. I still don't believe it. I never for one minute thought he would die. I was concerned but not worried. I thought it would be a dental. The only blessing is that he left for the Bridge from home and not from the vets. He was indoors and with his sister Big.

I feel so very sad.

Beige's last free range on Sunday. As you can see he is trying to eat a leaf but couldn't manage it.

Beigeslastfreerange1.jpg

Beige getting ready to be syringe fed yesterday

PoorlyBeige1.jpg

PoorlyBeige2.jpg

PoorlyBeige3.jpg

As Yvette has no computer or broadband she is unable to post here but has asked me to convey her utter disbelief at Beiges passing, she would like me to pass on her thoughts to you and Big and sends hugs to you both, she will come on as soon as possible to message you xxxx

So sorry to read about Beige passing over to The Bridge.

He was one of the real characters here and we used to love hearing about his adventures and his unique take on life. He couldn't have asked for a more loving and dedicated human mummy. He was blessed to have you are we were all blessed to hear about his too short, but filled, life and stories.

Rosie and Little Ted send nuzzles to mummy Rabsville, Big, Dudster and all the other Rabsville bunnies.

We are thinking about you Michelle.

Oh no, I am so so sorry, such sad news. I loved hearing from Big and Beige.

Sleep tight Beige, you will be missed by us all xxx

I'm so very sorry to hear this. I remember when Big and Beige were babies and following them as they grew up into big bunsters, full of antics and character.
He will be very much missed.
Love to you and Big.
xxx

Back