• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Random Rabbit related injuries!

Earlier on I was giving my bunnies and piggys fresh hay, and as I pulled some out the bag this one grass seed went flying up in to the air, and went straight into my eye. I now have the reddest, runniest eye ever and it stings like :censored: every time my eye moves. I've realised that eyes move a lot!!

Share your rabbit related injuries!

Mine was a few weeks ago again with Hay I was filling up their boxes put my hand into the bag to pull hay out and the biggest piece of hay went straight down my thumb nail my husband managed to slide it back out with a pair of tweezers and that Hurt :cry:

I tripped whilst emptying the litter trays into the compost bins :( sprained my ankle badly, although I think it was actually fractured and sprained :( 22 weeks later and I still feel it twinge with some of my steps :( and it really hurts when it gets cold! :(

I have a scar on my left index finger where little Leanora decided she was going to sink her teeth into my finger as it was in the way of her dinner :( it didn't stop bleeding for 2 days, just kept oozing and it was about 4 weeks ago but the scar is still red and angry looking!

I've had a few splinters from the hay.
And I'm forever almost falling over when walking around as the bunnies like to be under my feet so have to avoid standing on them!!

I went to give Betty a carrot, moved my hand as Thumper had nudged it and Betty bit me and not the carrot, wow did that hurt but I couldnt say anything as I had a 2yrold and a 4yrold watching so with blood pouring I had to queitly go bandage it up!
i have also put my hand in the hay to be attact by a thistle and Ive also had the hay sink in to my hand too!

When we first got Ludo his nails were so sharp, they're not so bad now, but I had a number of bunny claw indentations on my neck where he liked to climb up. (Not scratches, even sitting there was enough to leave a mark!)

The worst one is probably slipping on wet decking when walking to get something for Harry- flat on my face and smashed my already damaged jaw. :(

About 4 bites - 2 really hard - multiple trips over things and thistles in hay owwwwww! don't buy from there any more! Scratches round the neck from picking up buns - now I wear high neck tops - it's all a learning curve x

Inky regularly drew blood :lol: He was terrible for digging his claws in when you tried to do anything that he thought was unacceptable. Worst though was when he jumped when I was injecting Baytril and I put the needle straight into the joint in my thumb.

Back