• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

why would you do it..... damn breeders....

bunny-boo

Warren Scout
Breed from a known aggressive giant rabbit..... I am really having my eyes opened... a giant bun gets returned to his breeders because he is highly aggressive, owners really sad about it but become afraid of him, breeder then sells him to be a breeding buck!!! WTF.... so now this bad temper maybe passed down to many giants to come and lots of potential hearbroken owners lay in the future... I just don't get it!! So what he is a stunning example of the breed...what about temperament???? and these people call themselves rabbit lovers... its becoming an education for sure!!!

I can honestly say I have no idea the only thing that should be considered above temperament should be health and both need to be perfect. a rAbbit showing aggression needs neutering and time dedicated to it to find out why. the only thing that I can think of is the breeder just wanted rid of that rAbbit quickly without considering what is the best course of action.

Geeez:(

That's about as stupid as the advice I got for my Zakura (the Killer Rabbit)
When I asked for advice on her aggression-problems a few people suggested letting her have a litter since that might calm her down... I could think of several problems with this immediately.
1- Zakura is a mixbreed and her siblings were very hard to rehome due to this and...you guessed it, aggression problems.
2- Even if she did calm down what good would it do being stuck with 5 equally bad baby bunnies? I can imagine the add:
"Aggressive mix-breeds looking for a home"...wonderful.
3- She was two years old... far too old for a first litter.

I used to breed once but set myself a certain set of rules. While I would only breed purebreds I would always go for health first, temper second and looks last. Doesn't matter how "Stunning" the rabbit is or if it has a perfect score at a show. If it bites its a no go.
I honestly wish rabbit shows would pay more attention to behavior like most dog-shows would. Rabbits just have to sit there in a small cage and look cute. If there were actual rules on behavior maybe breeders would think more about what rabbits they bred.

Breed from a known aggressive giant rabbit..... I am really having my eyes opened... a giant bun gets returned to his breeders because he is highly aggressive, owners really sad about it but become afraid of him, breeder then sells him to be a breeding buck!!! WTF.... so now this bad temper maybe passed down to many giants to come and lots of potential hearbroken owners lay in the future... I just don't get it!! So what he is a stunning example of the breed...what about temperament???? and these people call themselves rabbit lovers... its becoming an education for sure!!!

Because breeders don't care about the animals, they just want to make money and then make more money, it doesn't matter to them that they cause untold misery to animals, they really don't care

Because (*most) breeders don't care about the animals, they just want to make money and then make more money, it doesn't matter to them that they cause untold misery to animals, they really don't care

Sorry, had to correct that!

Because breeders don't care about the animals, they just want to make money and then make more money, it doesn't matter to them that they cause untold misery to animals, they really don't care

This! :thumb:
No editing required! :wave:

Yep :thumb: There is simply no need to breed any rabbits.

If he is aggressive it may be as much down to him not being neutered or the fact that he sounds like he gets moved around a lot. Poor thing may just need a stable environment and time, and someone that sees him as more than just way of producing litters. :cry::cry::cry: Poor little mite.

I take it there is no-one that could help him?

i suggested to this breeder to find him a pet home an neuter..I was told his only option was Pts or go as breeding buck... They think if he gets regular access to female buns...he will be cured... I am no longer in contact with this breeder as I highly disagree with this..... it has also really put me off the breeders ...

someone on here was also interested in helping him...i told the breeder...and it was ignored.... this breeder is high up in the show world ....too apparently... meant to love the breed......It has been an education...and my views as you can imagine did not go down well in their circle ...

I don't know what more you can do, unless you are in a position to take and neuter the bun yourself which would obviously be a big commitment. They sound like pretty selfish people to be honest if their only take on it is PTS or let him go as a breeding buck :? Idiots.

the breeder won't consider a pet home...... Yeh no more I can do ... I found someone who wanted him..
it was ignored ...I av now detached from aving anything to do with them as I am disgusted by them x

Last edited:
Back