• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hemcore

Suzyjo

Warren Scout
I currently use megazorb for the bunnies but I'm a bit worried about them eating it, I've heard it can cause blockages.. :?

I can't find aubouise anywhere online but I have found hemcore.. As far as I can tell its pretty much the same as aubouise, I think?

Was just wondering if anyone else used it?

I don't like hemp core, it seems very hard and non absobant.
I used medibed now which is dust extracted chopped hay.

Personally I wouldn't use medibed, it is disinfectant treated to stop it from going mouldy etc. apparently it's a horse safe disinfectant, but given how small furries like to munch on their substrate and the fact that the proportion ingested would be much higher, I wouldn't want to risk it with littlies. If you search google you can find anecdotal reports of guinea pigs dying soon after the owners swapped onto medibed.

I used to use megazorb; now I just use newspapers and hay and change it regularly and it works just as well - and far cheaper!

Hmm thanks, but it looks like I'm sticking with megazorb for now.. The only place I've found to buy hemcore online only sells it in a pallet of 36 bags.. :shock:

I'm not sure how expensive it works out, but zooplus does a hemp based substrate with free delivery over £19

Thank you for the links! It's made me realise I've been an idiot and I've been looking for the wrong thing all this time.. :oops:

No wonder it's been so difficult for me to find it online :lol:

Back