• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit savvy vets in Falkirk area

Crunchie

Warren Veteran
The more I think about it the more I worry about using the vet school in Edinburgh, it's 30 miles away and I'm just not sure a very sick rabbit would cope with the stress of a journey if it was necessary in an emergency. I was wondering if we had any other options around here.

Really I need a good vet who provide their own emergency cover. The ones I have experience of are as follows:

Lawries in falkirk/cumbernauld - Use these guys for our other pets. They're very good but a few good vets have left recently meaning it can be a lottery with regards to who you get in an emergency. The guy in charge of the practice is great but his availability is limited.

Pet friends in Stenhousemuir - Used to be registered here but had a bad experience and wouldn't re-register.

This practice here seems to have good reviews and their rabbit care guide on the website looks quite good. They strongly recommend neutering/spaying and vaccinations and have the up to date RWAF housing guidelines.

http://agvets.ukvol.co.uk/

I use Madonna at the ark vets in holytown and coatbridge.
Its about 35 ish mins from falkirk to coatbeidge in google maps.
Dunno if that'd help, i always thought you were in Aberdeen, never knew you lived so close to me.

Hmmm the buns live at the Edinburgh side of Falkirk and so the travel time between the two practices would be about the same I think.:(

Have heard only good report a out the new one you listed as you know I'm with Mr Laurie but recently I had to take my sisters rabbit to grahames rd and I must admit I was very impress with the vets the knowledge of bunnies ect........I personally would go with the one nearest to u in Denny....I have thought about changing to them but alaister saved a few of my bunnies life in the past and other vets call him for advice so I think I'm best where I am at the moment

Back