• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trevor was not my bunny.

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
But I felt like I knew you little sweetheart.

I'm so sorry that you had to leave us all.:cry::cry:

You are now at Rainbow Bridge, healthy, happy and surrounded by love.

Perfect.

Rest easy now. xxxxxxxx

I've been in tears this afternoon too since reading the very sad news. :cry:

She was certainly a very special girl.....cared for by two very special people.

Goodnight Miss Trevor, sweet dreams little one. xxx

Yes indeed . what care and devotion given to that wee bunny.. There are angels on this earth.

What spirit and determination Trevor had too...

binky free Trevor...!!

Little Trevor was not my bunny either - but I fell so in love with this little girl and spent most of yesterday crying because she has gone - after such a vile start, she had the best life ever and she will never be forgotten - along with many other buns - she touched so many hearts. Rest in peace beautiful little girl x

Beautiful bunny made me cry too she's all over Facebook too she was a well loved bunny and its so sad bless her xx sleep tight beautiful girl xx

I sponsored Trevor and followed all of her exploits so I felt I knew her. I couldn't believe it when I heard :( She was so amazing and inspiration, Binky free Trevor.

She was so special and just thinking about her being gone has me in tears. I can only imagine how Liz and Steve are feeling.

Binky free sweetheart free from pain and able to use your legs again.

I told my mother about Trevor and some months ago Ma suggested that she sponsor Trevor so she did. Liz sent a newsletter and a photo of Trevor which has been on Ma's mantlepiece in her sitting room ever since. With the photo as a talking point, Trevor has become well-known amongst the carers and district nurses who come in to visit Ma; even one of the social workers got chatting and told us that she has a number of rescue rabbits.

Whenever I speak to Ma on the phone, invariably as we finish the call, she asks me about all my animals and lastly how Trevor is getting on. I told her all about the cart and printed a photo off from Trev's FB page and sent it to her. I spoke to Ma this morning and simply couldn't bear to tell her that Trevor had died.

I know that there are lots of rescues out there with many courageous rabbits who don't get the attention Trevor did and who've had just as awful previous lives before finding themselves in safe, knowledgeable and loving hands and I don't ignore what they achieve at all. But somehow Trevor with her determination to get on with her life and willingness to try slings, socks, carts - and whatever else it took - was inspiring. If Trevor had been human she'd have been a paralympian.

I didn't know Trevor either but also have followed her story and to be honest just adore all of Liz and Steve's buns! I have been deeply saddened by the sad news about Dave, Herman and then Trevor. All very precious souls.
For me, Trevor embodied all that is incredible about bunnies. Her strength, character, love of life, joy at being with other buns and stoic determination are all qualities all too many people think are human characteristics alone. Trevor showed first by merely surviving and then by living each day to the full that if anything bunnies are more resilient than most of us. Trevor will live on in all our memories and always have a special place in our hearts but her incredible spirit, her bunny spirit, lives on in all our buns and every bun we have yet to meet. We'll miss you sweetheart.

Back