• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit chewing wooden door

We had so much fixing up of our doors to do before we sold the house. :roll: Both bunnies became a bit obsessive over it.

Ours have also chewed a big hole into the wooden door but thankfully the door is not to our house it's the door to the outhouse which I'm pretty sure our landlord doesn't care about (although he'll probably care about it as an excuse to keep our deposit of course!)

Ours have also chewed a big hole into the wooden door but thankfully the door is not to our house it's the door to the outhouse which I'm pretty sure our landlord doesn't care about (although he'll probably care about it as an excuse to keep our deposit of course!)

We've got those glass paneled doors in our house, she keeps chewing the wood that sticks out :roll: I will just re-stain it so they can't see the chew marks but I would really like to stop her frmo doing it! :lol: she doesn't seem to want to chew the stuff I give her!

You know those wood play stick things, that fold and bend? Well I use one of those round my door when it's open and then they chew that and can't get to the door.

I was speaking to a lady at RWA about a recent order and mentioned Rupert believing he lives in an edible world. She suggested rubbing a bar of soap over his chewing areas. Blimey, there were even more than I had realised! It took me ages. Daren't temp fate but it's holding thus far!

I was speaking to a lady at RWA about a recent order and mentioned Rupert believing he lives in an edible world. She suggested rubbing a bar of soap over his chewing areas. Blimey, there were even more than I had realised! It took me ages. Daren't temp fate but it's holding thus far!

Ooh really? Might give that a go, I've got loads of soap :lol: M is getting annoyed, said she won't be allowed in the kitchen by herself if we can't stop her from doing it. She's damaged a lot of stuff in the kitchen already bless her!

Will be much better for her once we can move them both back outdoors :wave: well unless she starts chewing the run ...

She'll chew the run mine chew their home. They've chewed pretty much everything. We did try some stop chew spray once on Bumble - before we got Bee- but it didn't make a jot of difference! Is soap alright to use around bunnies then?

She never chewed the hutch when she was outside, didn't chew the other run we had either so I'm not sure why she chews the door! She chewed the skirting boards too but hasn't done it for a while...

Personally I wouldn't use soap in case it didn't stop them. Can't imagine it would be very good for them.

This is the thing I was talking about...

I just put it up the other way and curled it round the door.

Personally I wouldn't use soap in case it didn't stop them. Can't imagine it would be very good for them.

This is the thing I was talking about...

I just put it up the other way and curled it round the door.

ah yes, we/ve got one of those! not sure it would cover the whole of the door though - we close the door now as they have decided to start destroying the carpet :oops:

She'll chew the run mine chew their home. They've chewed pretty much everything. We did try some stop chew spray once on Bumble - before we got Bee- but it didn't make a jot of difference! Is soap alright to use around bunnies then?

I'm assuming so as RWA lady suggested. The idea clearly is that they don't actually eat any soap as it tastes yuck. To be honest, Rupert eats pine bed legs with old varnish on, painted skirting boards, stained wardrobes, carpet-the works. A bit of soap can't possibly be more toxic than any of the things he's eaten. I'm not keen aethestically but terrified he'll kill himself either through toxic ingestion or gut blockage. I've never had a bun like him. Anything new-and he tries to eat it. Milly sniffs it, Rupert takes a bite. Impossible to bunny proof. He has lots of fruit twigs and branches, willow balls, hay etc etc but seen to have an eating compulsion. The only thing that really keeps him out of mischief are Helens's bunny biscuits. They take him a while of dedicated chewing and it's bliss to hear sensible chewing.

I've clear perspex over the bottom of the kitchen cupboard doors which works quite well. It's just held on with cellotape :D

Back