• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Paper Bags

Alicia

Mama Doe
Sorry this is probably a silly question but I've always given my animals the brown paper bags but I've just found a paper bag in my room which is red, is it still ok to give them or do you think there will be bad ink etc. on it that they can't have? I don't know if mine eat the paper but they do rip it up so I think they probably do eat some of it.

I only give mine brown bags. The red will have been dyed with something so better not to risk it.

People give buns Yellow Pages and newspapers which have all sorts of ink. If in doubt don't but surely brown paper bags are coloured too? Wood pulp is not uniform brown and often paper bags are made from recycled paper-newspapers and the like. I would think all bags are dyed with presumably the same dyes used in yellow pages and newspapers.

Back