• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

aarrgh fat rabbit help

curlyanwurly

Warren Scout
my rabbit has got big:shock:, he was neutured a few months ago and I have just noticed he is putting on weight, i did put another thread on the diet bit about putting their pellets in food balls so they have to work for them and also I will cut down his pellets although they only have a handfull each now but he lives with his wifey bun so how do I make sure he dosen nick hers, its not practical for me to stand and watch them, she is definatly the boss of the marrage lol so i am sure she will stand her ground.
also how do I encourage weigth loss, they have free range of our garden all the day light hours and have things like card board tubes in the hutch and run to play with.
they eat roughly 1 hand ful each of pellets a day, a cabbage leaf each or a carrot each or small amounts of other veg and as much hay as they like

its verry hard to cut back on one bun without effcting the other, i would probably suggest rabbit jumping or any other type of exercise like free ranging, also its quite natural for the rabz to put on a bit of winter weight to keep them warm so just bair that in mind:D

How much carrot? Carrot is full of sugar so I imagine that would help pile on some weight:)

My pair have a handful of pellets between them and I just scatter feed. Don't worry about it, as long as they eat plenty of hay and always have access to hay they won't go hungry:)

Back