• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bedknobs and Broomsticks :-(

smudgiebun

Alpha Buck
Anyone else watching on BBC? The lady just held a bunny up by its ears! :( I know it probably wasn't real but it doesn't look nice.

I watch it every new year, its my favourite tradition. I have recorded it to watch tomorrow :)

I vaguely remember the bunny being picked by his ears, but I also seem to remember thinking it wasn't real. But then its such an old film, I think lifting a rabbit by its ears was more commonly accepted back then.

I vaguely remember the bunny being picked by his ears, but I also seem to remember thinking it wasn't real.

I didn't have both eyes on it, and I've never seen a rabbit picked up by its ears in real life but it looks quite squished up in the face, not with its skin stretched like I'd imagine. Also its a fair size of a rabbit, I can't help but feel she'd have struggled to hold up a rabbit that size with just one hand!

Yeah I used to watch it everyday but haven't until recently. It's an old film so things like that happened, I was a bit .."oh.. that's awful!" to start with but it was so common in those days.

Yeah it was common I guess! Me and my boyfriend both winced when we saw it! :(

Looking at still shots it does look like a real bun :(

Aly&Poppy you used to watch it everyday?! :lol:

Back