• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mites, fleas, dust, something else??

Alison Marie

Wise Old Thumper
Noticed Nibbles has been scratching and cleaning a lot more lately. This morning he kept shaking his head like he had something in his ear. What could it be?? I've checked his fur and I can't see anything :S I'm wondering if it's just dust or something, we have recently changed our hay.

We are at the vets tomorrow to get his teeth burred so will ask them, but just wondered if anyone had any ideas :thumb: Buttons doesn't seem to be cleaning or scratching any more than normal.

Mischa used to scratch his ear and shake his head a lot when he had an ear infection so I would get him a check with a vet.

just checked his ears, there's nthing in them so i doubt it is ear mites ??

will ask the vet about possiblity of ear infection. he's eating and playing as normal though!

they've been given xenex as a precautionary measure even though they don't have mites or any signs of them. we have just disinfected everything and i managed to destroy a water bottle, oops :roll:

Back