• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ryedale hutches - mesh strength

LittleEskimo

Mama Doe
Is the usual mesh that comes with Ryedale strong enough to keep foxes out. Is it fox 'resistant' or would they need a blowtorch to get though it?
Or would I need to ask for something stronger then the usual stuff

Just curious as I might invest in one at a later date, if need be, and it is really hard to see what the mesh is like in photos.

Also, can I have them made to order for a specific size?

Cheers :wave:

The mesh is the cm x cm stuff and its very strong. So are the wood the Hutches are made of so I don't think a fox would chew through it.

The only thing that is not good are the swivel latches they come loose all the time so best to go with the bolts or add them yourself.

ETA they will make any size just give them a ring the chap is very helpful

The mesh is the cm x cm stuff and its very strong. So are the wood the Hutches are made of so I don't think a fox would chew through it.

The only thing that is not good are the swivel latches they come loose all the time so best to go with the bolts or add them yourself.

ETA they will make any size just give them a ring the chap is very helpful

Thankyou :D

They do look good and secure, although bit annoying you have to pay extra for bolts :? ah well

Back