• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Floppy, my beautiful boy has gone..........

Fee

Wise Old Thumper
I just don't know what to say, We are just back from the Emergency Vets where our darling, handsome boy Floppy has been PTS.

He was again,after an initial visit to vets on 9/12/12 doing really well and had regained his appetitie and was peeing and pooing for Britain. He was, however, a bit listless today, I checked on him throughout the day and he wasn't eating or drinking or pooing. I sat in the shed with him for an hour or two to observe and he was just so poorly looking.

We had been told to watch his weight as he was a pudgy boy but it was only really today that I noticed how much leaner he looked. he had such a beautiful thick full coat which was masking a leaner body.

The vets said his heart was failing and it would appear he had a large mass in his abdomen. they said it was unlikely that he would survive the night. My 11 year old son, gave him a final cuddle and he went to Rainbow Bridge just after midnight.....

Willow, bless her just seems so confused and returned from the Vets in the pet carrier, looking lost. she came back into house with us for a cuddle and is now back in the hutch, looking all lost and forlorn.

he was so loved by us all, the perfect bunny all round. I hope he is at peace now and we do know that in his last 3 months of life, he was loved not only by us but by Willow. their bond broken all too quickly.

Binky Free my beautiful boy.... Try not to eat all the Fuschias at Rainbow Bridge ...

Last edited:
I am really sorry that you have lost Floppy after such a short time. He was a lucky rabbit to have found so much love with you and your son.

thank you all folks...we're still in a state of shock this morning...

Love Fee xxx

Back