• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

toys and treats ideas please

curlyanwurly

Warren Scout
we have given our rabbits boxes, cardboard tubes and phone book although they do look at us funny when they get this lol what else is there that dosent cost much they can have for toys?
we also have those plastic treat balls that you put treats in and they have to roll them round the floor to dispense the treats , I found these in the shed but dont know what to put in them, any suggestions?

Plastic plant pots filled with hay and maybe a treat hidden somewhere near the bottom (make sure they are biggish plant pots with the holes in the bottom so they can't get them stuck on their heads!). Mine love rolling them around or you can upturn them to make little perching stools or as a hay holder.

We've recently started using treat balls for Starbuck and Muesli, they love them, we break up one fenugreek crunchie in to lots of little pieces in each one, so they come out easily enough but they dont end up with lots of treats. Or otherwise their regular pellets can go in them.

Toilet rolls stuffed with hay with a treat in the middle is good too, or making tunnels out of cardboard boxes.

Mine aren't ones for toys, but they love their new tunnel. It was a cat one from Asda, £3, and they just run in and out of it like it's the best thing ever.

They also like these chewwy balls, but they're £3 a pack and disappear within the day, so it's a rare treat.

Anything wrapped in twine is a winner, they'll nibble that until the cows come home.

They also like it when I put newspaper in the bottom of the litter trays, they dig and rip it up. I don't do that often either though, because it makes such a mess and leaves half the tray empty, where the wee just sits.

I have newspaper in their litter trays which they ignore, however, if I put a single piece of newspaper in by itself Willow throws it around and jumps on it... doesn't cost anything...

fee xx

Small boxes that can be picked up and thrown around go down well. Also get a paper bag and put some hay and a little food in and tie the end with a longish bit of hay. Buns will rip it open. Similarly a loo roll with hay and a bit of food. Growing small trays of cat grass. Anything they can climb on. I got some little plastic children's stools. Hiding food/veggies under boxes is always fun. Mine also love paper-newspaper and paper that s sometimes used as packaging. I don't leave the same toys down all the time as they get bored easily. Swap things about-buns love anything that appears to be new.

Back