• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Ellie Please U/D Post 22 - Poorly Girl

Cari

Warren Veteran
We're going to the vets at 17.40 as she's been suffering with diarrhoea all day. :(

She's had a bum bath (not happy) but she's all mucky again and it smells :(

My poor girl. Do I take Stephen with us?

Last edited:
If they are a bonded pair then I would take both together :love: hope she can get something to make her better sending loads a vibes xx

It smells very strongly of manure so sort of like a farmyard I suppose. It's just a very pungent, strong poo smell.

Oh god. No.

Is she going to die? Where the hell has it come from? My baby. My poor baby.

Oh god. No.

Is she going to die? Where the hell has it come from? My baby. My poor baby.

It may not be cocci, but it sounds like it. The sooner treatment starts the better and Rabbits can recover

If you read the links you will see how it can be contracted

She's eaten something? But Stephen's eaten the same as her. What if they're both sick? I can't lose my babies :(

I hope it isn't. Do I need to take a poo sample to the vets?

She's eaten something? But Stephen's eaten the same as her. What if they're both sick? I can't lose my babies :(

I hope it isn't. Do I need to take a poo sample to the vets?

Yes, you could. But a poo test for coccidiosis can give false negatives. If coccidiosis is suspected I personally would want to start treatment straight away. Septrin is frequently prescribed.

Rang to try and get an earlier appointment as she's just not herself but there aren't any. I've got a syringe and baby food so will try some of that as she's not eating much now either.

Rang to try and get an earlier appointment as she's just not herself but there aren't any. I've got a syringe and baby food so will try some of that as she's not eating much now either.

Just syringe water for now. Or some diorolyte if you have any in.

Oh no! Sending lots of vibes to her. Could you not explain to the vets that it is an emergency? I hope she recovers :( You must be so worried.

The vet nurse on the phone was very good. We only live 5 minutes from the surgery and said if someone cancelled she'd ring but there was no point stressing her by bringing her to the surgery when there's no appointments as she'd be best at home for an hour and a bit.

I'm really annoyed that I've rang her previous vets for her notes over a week ago but they still haven't sent them even though I rang today and said it was urgent.

Back