• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to do for Nemo?

Alicia

Mama Doe
I'm looking after Nemo over christmas and new year. He's a netherland dwarf and he's stayed here for a few weeks over christmas and new year for a few years now. He's a lovely little bunny and so friendly, he used to live with another bunny but the other bunny died last year. At home he is let out of his hutch to run round the garden all day and he also comes inside in the evening and I'm worried that he's bored here. I don't want to let him run round my garden because he's very small and I'm not sure if my garden is 100% rabbit proof I don't want to risk him getting out. I planned to let him go in the 6ft run all day every day but the weather's been so bad that I don't want to put him out on the wet grass, because I don't have a shelter/house I can give him. He has been coming inside for a while every evening which he seems to enjoy. I filled a paper bag with some vegetables, hay and herb treats but he doesn't like it, it doesn't look like he's eaten any of it. Can anyone suggest anything else I can do to keep him entertained? I've also tried the toilet roll tubes filled with hay but he's not interested in that either.

Hay is really the best time consumer, that and a short time indoors will be enough but if it gets colder bringing him in wont be good for him because of the change in temps.

We don't have the heating on when we bring him in :) I made him another toy today and he seems to be interested in this one, he's throwing it around and ripping it up and eating the hay and food out of it so he seems quite happy. I bought some sage and parsley this morning so I gave him some but I don't think he likes it. He seems happier today and not as bored :)

Back