• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dd's new bunny Belle

foxy2279

Alpha Buck
How Belle came about here

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?372612-All-that-hard-work-teaching-my-daughter-for-nothing

471911_10151422398790774_1506541466_o_zpse62b3ea9.jpg

736326_10151422402440774_1300249940_o_zps0cff8f24.jpg

471847_10151422402910774_970567329_o_zps0a0acbb2.jpg

Big feet

735860_10151422399555774_559242913_o_zps0f3cca35.jpg

Took her to the vets this morning. She's fit and healthy. My vet thinks about five months. Got her vaccination done. He also asked me if i was going bond her with my other two and gave some advice on bonding. Her Spay is going to be £60.

If anyone has any idea of the breed i'd be gratefull as we have no idea how big she's going to get. She's already bigger than Brownie my lionhead length wise. We have a feeling she some sort of rex cross she has such soft velvety fur.

Dont know if I dare ask but have you had a chat with your parents yet about your unexpected gift?

BTW she is gorgeous, good luck with the bonding, we used to have a biggi and a tiny and they were very happy together, size doesnt seem to be important to bunnies:oops:

Yes i had words. They had no idea how much a rabbit would cost in the long run.

They have the old school chain of thought that you put it in a hutch, chuck food in and clean it once a week and thats it :roll:. They think i spoil my boys. I don't but their basic needs for space, exercise, food and shelter are a priority to me.

They have offered to pay towards her spay. I also think i got them to understand if the bond didn't work with Brownie and Buster that we will need a bigger hutch, run and a bunny from a rescue to bond with her. I insisted it had to come from a rescue as buying another petshop bunny is not going to happen. No way is she staying as a single bunny thats cruel.

I have told them in no uncertain terms no more animal pets. Luckaly we had the space and exerperiance to care for Belle but what if we didn't she could have ended up anywhere. I told them they should have asked me and disscused it with me first before even thinking of getting a rabbit for her.

My dh said i blasted them on the phone and really let rip. Did feel a bit guilty but needed them to understand how irresponsable their actions were.

well you know...you're angry once you get it, you don't know how you'll manage to put aside money for it, you're worried, and then it gives you this look, and the little head for a noserub....and you forget about the trouble:)I hope she'll be happily bonded and she won't have any health troubles in the long run!
I didn't want my Chrissy as well! And its sudden appearance lead to the fact that I misregarded some of her needs at first once I got her (like the spaying- she got spayed when she was 3).Happily she always got plenty of space and good food, not that she eats good food....
But when my sister brought her, and she was so little she could fit in my hand...I just melted and took her (since my sister isn't capable of taking care of another living being:D)
Belle is a beauty and even if her appeareance freaked you out i bet you'll have many happy moments with her!

Back