• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

unfortunate return/u-dental done

Tonya

Alpha Buck
I was home for Christmas, and I left some friends of mine take care of Bobby the cat and Chrissy the bunny.
I came back yesterday, Bobby was fine and happy, but Chrissy not so much.
Her bowl was full, I suppose she didn't eat a lot from it, and her butt was all messed, more messed that I have ever seen it:shock:
I doubt my friends tought to butt-check her, and last I heard from them they told me she was eating...
I gave her a nut, she ate it quite normally, and I cleaned her but, but when I pulled/cutted/razed her skin got sore and it even bled a little....:cry::cry: No open wound tough.
I force-fed her, gave her a gut stimulant (I don't think she's in stasis since her tummy feels pretty soft and she poops her sticky little poos still), I am still not so sure how much she ate during the day, since she might have had more food.
At night I heard her nibbling twice from her bowl and I felt asleep.
The morning I saw her eating bits of hay, but her pellets were untouched.Her rash seemed a bit better, I washed her butt again with water with a few drops of propolys for desinfection...I gave her food again, gave her the gut stimulant and went to work.
I am dying from worries now.....I have to wait till the evening so that I can see her.
Her vet isn't in town...she's pretty much the only one I trust. If she haven't nibbled her pellets when I come back I suppose i'll bring her to whoever there is, but you know how dangerous it can be to go to a non-bunny vet.
She is jumping and running and seems fine overall but we all know that it can be just a disguise...
I feel very bad for leaving her, but I think a 7 hours train ride would be too stressful for her...I feel bad for being at work now...But since it's my first job I am not allowed free days until my test period expires and they make my contract valid. Before when friends were taking care of her for Christmas there were never any problems, and like 2 weeks ago she had a vet check and the vet said she is perfectly fine....
I am sad...Some vibes for my bun. pleeeease?

Last edited:
Oh thank you people:) I hope she was just missing me....tough once I left her for 2 days after her stasis and she was still pretty unstable but I had to travel. I unstructed my friends about all the medication blabla and when I left, it turned out she started immeadiately eating and feeling much better than when I was there:D!!!!That's why I was so surprised to see her like that, usually some calm times without my obsessive human attention do her good...

guys, i came back and she still hasn't eaten her pellets.
I may be just freaking out but I am feeling a lump in her goatie, is it an abcess?
What else can it mean?
She is in pain when I touch it, i think.
We're going to the clinic first thing in the morning, cross your fingers that everything's fine...
I fed her again and gave her the gut stimulant.
She ate quite well her dill and fennel at least...:cry::cry:

Sounds like a tooth root abscess to me

Hope the Vet can help her xx

Jane it's closer to the feet than to the head. It's in her bunny-boobs...can it be still an abscess?

She doesn't even have front teeth....

I'm totally worried......
I really hope the other vets can do something since hers is not working...

Hugs to Tess Morsey Lydia and Big Libby and your other lovely buns

Jane it's closer to the feet than to the head. It's in her bunny-boobs...can it be still an abscess?

She doesn't even have front teeth....

I'm totally worried......
I really hope the other vets can do something since hers is not working...

Hugs to Tess Morsey Lydia and Big Libby and your other lovely buns

So you mean under her dewlap ? Or do you mean by her nipples

It is still possible for it to be an abscess.

Is she spayed ?

So you mean under her dewlap ? Or do you mean by her nipples

It is still possible for it to be an abscess.

Is she spayed ?

Hehe I don't know how to describe it....neckfat?

it's there
2ai1md5.jpg

She ate a pellet or two and pooped 2-3 so-so regular poos

I got her spayed last year, vet said she had cysts in her uterus but no tumors.

Hehe I don't know how to describe it....neckfat?

it's there
2ai1md5.jpg

She ate a pellet or two and pooped 2-3 so-so regular poos

I got her spayed last year, vet said she had cysts in her uterus but no tumors.

That is her dewlap :)

Given her cystic uterus the lump may also be a cyst. The Vet may be able to take a fine needle aspiration from it to have a look at the cells under a microscope. That would give some indication as to what it is.

thanks for the info Jane,not having English as a mother tongue leads to misunderstandings from time to time...keep your fingers crossed that there's at least one savvy vet working tomorrow morning!

Last edited:
ok...we went to the vet today...the vet was a young girl my age and I guess she is just an intern ...she didn't pretend to know a lot as well.
She gave me more gut stimulant and a pain killer and told me that her butt and mouth seem ok, but that her tummy got a bit slow (probably she didn't move so much or I dunno). In any case she told me that it should keep her fine for the weekend and from this evening she'll have the whole appartment until monday morning to roam, I'll try to make her run more since she's a pretty lazy bun.
About the lump...
She said she's not sure what it is, that it needs to be scanned and examinated, she doubts it's an abcess since it's pretty soft, but it could be a cyst or just a fat ball (didn't mention tumor, tough, is that possible?) but since we have to come again on monday so that her regular vet can see her, it's better that we do the scans/test on monday as well.
Is a cyst dangerous? What do you think?

Last edited:
We have had rabbits with both cysts and fatty lumps in dewlaps.. The cyst eventually had to be surgically removed but caused her no problems since and that was five years ago. The fatty lumps reduced as the rabbit lost weight as she arrived here a little on the large side x

We have had rabbits with both cysts and fatty lumps in dewlaps.. The cyst eventually had to be surgically removed but caused her no problems since and that was five years ago. The fatty lumps reduced as the rabbit lost weight as she arrived here a little on the large side x

that sounds pretty encouraging, thanks!
Chrissy is a bit of a fatty bun since she has problems eating hay (so more pellets) and she's so lazy! normally to make her move more I have to play with her all the time:D
Let's hope now she'll start nomming fast...

Back