• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby Bunny Flo died :(

DomaNikki

Mama Doe
Another of my litter has passed away... little fluffy Flo :(

I can't post photo's of which one she is at the moment, so she is the white bunny in this thread http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?371475-Missy-Leo-and-new-photos-of-the-babies

I went out to feed them yesterday morning and she was limp in the shed, I brought her in, wrapped her up and called the emergency vets (my local vets were closed) they asked for her condition.... she was gasping for air and twisting... they said she wouldn't make it to the vets in time and it sounded like she was dying.

I knew she was I just didn't want to believe it... she passed away whilst I was still on the phone to the vet. It was so sad, me and my housemate just cried for ages after!

Out of a litter of eight unfortunately four have passed away. Its so sad because they were an accidental litter and give me so much joy, I just wish things like this didn't happen... and on Boxing Day too, made it a sad end to my Christmas :(

:( sorry for your loss, they looked like they were doing so well :(

Hope the others are OK :)

I know me too :(

I only have Bolt and Fudge as Willow and Cinnamon have gone to their new homes and settling in well so I have been told. All doing well so keeping positive vibes for them all :love:

I am considering keeping Bolt and Fudge though, just deciding if I can afford to have them neutered and vaccinated x

I use Your Vets payed 40 for boy and 48 for girl, well the two are booked in next Friday.

They did Stu also and he was fine after.

Are they boys or girls? :D

I'm sorry for your loss :'(

I would suggest to get the rest wormed and vaccinated if not already. It's possible it could've been e.cuniculi, as it's very similar symptoms and if not it wouldn't hurt to get them done anyway.

Mrsmcarey: Your vets is a bit far from me, im based in Wolverhampton. I don't know what sex they are yet, but already spoken to my vets about getting them booked in the next 2 weeks with them.

Mirth: I will be getting them vaccinated as soon as possible. Can they be vaccinated before 4 months though? They will be that age 22nd February?

Thanks for all the replies everyone :wave:

Mrsmcarey: Your vets is a bit far from me, im based in Wolverhampton. I don't know what sex they are yet, but already spoken to my vets about getting them booked in the next 2 weeks with them.

Mirth: I will be getting them vaccinated as soon as possible. Can they be vaccinated before 4 months though? They will be that age 22nd February?

Thanks for all the replies everyone :wave:

Yes, mine was done at 8 weeks and was fine :wave:

So very sorry for your loss :cry:

Back