• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

weird humping behaviour

Toffee pops

Alpha Buck
My desexed male castor rex,female red rex pairing are being really weird at the moment,2 weeks ago they were fighting nothing heavy just circling,chasing and some fur flying, so i thought id keep an eye on them,the usual plasid male had seemed to stand up to the agressive female so today i was watching them,the female was circling him,in turn he was doing the same, at this point she would give it up and recipricate his advances with her tail tight to her bum,in my experiance spayed females have not been interested in love making so no really sure whats going on, but it made me smile anyway as i was responsible in bonding them in the first place,if anyone can shine any light on this, much would be appreciated.

My desexed male castor rex,female red rex pairing are being really weird at the moment,2 weeks ago they were fighting nothing heavy just circling,chasing and some fur flying, so i thought id keep an eye on them,the usual plasid male had seemed to stand up to the agressive female so today i was watching them,the female was circling him,in turn he was doing the same, at this point she would give it up and recipricate his advances with her tail tight to her bum,in my experiance spayed females have not been interested in love making so no really sure whats going on, but it made me smile anyway as i was responsible in bonding them in the first place,if anyone can shine any light on this, much would be appreciated.

Which one of them is the one who is unwell ? That will significantly effect the behaviour.

Which one of them is the one who is unwell ? That will significantly effect the behaviour.

Hi Jane,no this is toffee(the one sneezing) and bellas neutered son limpy and spayed daughter pickle ,when i bonded them 8 months ago it was love at first sight they just layed down on the sofa straight away,it did help that limpy was very plasid,there allways together side by side and there fine normally, just recently they have been acting odd,lovemaking as if they were still sexed and fighting,i went to feed them this morning,i opened the door and there like where going out in the garden we will eat later lol,limpy runs past me with bits of fur sticking out of his back :lol:.

Back