• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

indoor bunny help please

curlyanwurly

Warren Scout
I have had outdoor bunnies for around 16yrs so bunny care isnt new to me but having an indoor bunnie is so I was hoping you folks could please give some advise.
so we have Harvest the indoor bunny shes approx 5 months old, she's an indoor bunny and lovely and tame, she took to her poo tray straight away and when shes free ranging she has a 2nd poo tray in the conservatory which she also uses brilliantly and we have never had a wee accident , now, most poos go in there but we always find stray poos, how do we stop this? or will there always be an odd current lying around
Also she loves to chew so we give her lots of card board boxes and tubes which she loves to chomp on, she has a willow branch and a round wooden thing from pah but how can we discourage her from chewing the furniture !

All indoor bunnies will leave some poops around, even just from jumping in and out of litter trays :) She may be marking as it's a new environment too, if so that should eventually lessen as she gets more used to the area. Try not to clean away the scent too much until she's more settled.

Chewing the furniture; giving other things to chew helps, also good quality hay but they will always have a little nibble of things, the only way to completely stop it is to block it off.

Finding the odd stray poo is pretty normal! As long as not weeing or doing big piles of poo everywhere then I think that's good.

Be careful with cardboard chewing - swallowing cardboard can lead to problems as it's not easy to digest.

Willow sticks, apple/pear sticks, other wooden toys are all good.

Don't think there's much you can do to discourage chewing on furniture/things that shouldn't be chewed on. The best bet is to block these things off so that they can't get to them to chew.

Back