• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

the most emaciated bunny/ dental tomorrow/ bad news

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Arrived here yesterday evening. I have never seen anything like it. She is just skin and bone, quite literally in places as she has fur missing too. Her teeth /roots are horrendous, she must be in so much pain. thankfully she is quite lively and has fight in her, but her eyes have that dull flat look about them.

Thank you so much to the Rscpa Walsall team for helping to get her to us so quickly. At least now she has had pain relief and is getting regular syringe feed, which she is taking well as she is starving. I will be speaking to the vet as soon as they open.

We have called her Hermione and her companion Angelica, as they both mean angel/messenger so a bit christmassy

Last edited:
Poor little girl. :cry: Hopefully she can regain her weight, and the sparkle in her eyes, once her teeth are fixed. :?

Last edited:
Poor baby :cry:. Sending healing (((((vibes))))) for both of them Liz. I'll willingly donate some of Pea and Pod's fat :roll:.

Good luck with these two. I think it's you who is the angel although I have a sneaking suspicion that some rabbits are angels in disguise. Hope you manage to enjoy your Christmas.

How very sad - and given what you've seen in the past,so very worrying that she is the most emaciated :(. Is it due to the teeth do you think, or is it just sheer neglect or something else medical going on. I do hope the little one can be helped x x

How very sad - and given what you've seen in the past,so very worrying that she is the most emaciated :(. Is it due to the teeth do you think, or is it just sheer neglect or something else medical going on. I do hope the little one can be helped x x

I haven't checked her molars, but its most definitely tooth roots. They are one of the worst i have felt going both up and down :cry: They are along the lines of our Herman's who can only eat mushy food and is on high pain relief. So given she hasn't been given anything to help her cope with them she has been starving to death. But they have also come from a bad neglect situation so doubt they were given much in the way of decent food either :( The other bunny is slim line but not hugely underweight. But she does have bowed back legs from being kept in such a small hutch

The good news is she doesn't need syringe feeding any more, she will take it straight from a spoon and would swallow the spoon as well given half a chance!

I have spoken to the vet today and we have agreed to continue with pain relief and syringe feeding until they reopen thursday morning when she can be properly assessed. i expect she is too thin to blood test at the moment for liver damage and a GA is going to be a huge risk for a dental and x-rays but am guessing we wont have much choice soon. At least in a few days she will hopefully be a little bit stronger :?

Thank goodness for people like you. At least they will be warm and safe now...sending loads of vibes their way.

You do a great job, hope the little bunny gets stronger so she can be all sorted ready for a healthy new year.

I never think photos show the true state of a bunny for some reason, but anyway, pics.....

Hermione
P1040003.jpg

P1040002.jpg

P1040005.jpg

And Angelica getting in on the act

P1040001.jpg

P1040008.jpg

Poor little thing, how can people let this happen?

Bunny is so lucky to have found you.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas, sending noserubs to all your furries xxx

Back