• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm back!

Starlight

Warren Veteran
Hey everyone!

As some may have noticed, I am back :D

A lot has changed in the past year, quite drastically so. I have gone from a mental breakdown when I split with my ex, being diagnosed with what originally felt to me as life altering MH conditions, to meeting someone new in April who is like the male version of me, and getting married October 31st! :love: I'm also a lot more stable now, with continued support from different elements, and do boarding on a very low scale, two 5x4 pens inside, 3 outside hutches (two 6x2 and one 6x3) all with their own 6x4 runs.

Along the year, I unfortunately lost my beautiful Storm, and Loralei (who was with me the shortest of times) and gained two other rabbits, Gypsy, a x-breed, who was Loralei's bonded partner (Storm was part of my original group of then 5, now 4) and Caspian, a conti x, who I adopted from EGPRR when Gypsy was grieving Loralei's passing.

Why is this in rabbit chat, you may ask!

Since I still felt I didn't want to give up helping animals in need of help, I now help out at an old college friend's home run rescue, who started a couple of years ago, Cuddly Critters in South Ockendon, Essex. Kerry at Cuddly Critters helps animals from mice to cats and all in between. I help by fundraising, and public awareness, directing people to them who are looking to adopt, and am starting to go to take some "pretty" pictures of the animals for the website/FB/RR with my new toy- a Canon T3i bought for me by hubby as a wedding present :) Also 10% of anything taken through boarding and bonding, goes to Cuddly Critters vet bill as ongoing support.

So far, I have raised £150 for them, donated a food hamper, and hope to do so much more. It feels amazing that I can still help, just without the getting overwhelmed financially that comes with rescuing yourself, or the emotionally crippling moments as well!

Here is a picture of my two newbie bunnies that have yet to be seen! I have had Gypsy since June, and Caspian became part of the family in August when I lost Lilah :(

gypcas_zpsb83a984f.jpg

And a picture of Gypsy when Lilah was with us
lilgyp_zps236f0e9c.jpg

Looking forward to catching up with everyone!

Yay!
Good on you, great to hear things are working out.
Sounds like you've achieved a good life balance :thumb:
New buns are cute :love:

Back