• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new home not needed now

He's gorgeous :love: and looks really happy in his home :( I hope he finds someone to give him a forever home where he'll be loved :love:

Bless him. Would his owner consider getting him neutered? That might calm down his destructiveness so she may be able to keep him - and if she does still need to rehome him, it will make him easier to rehome and would 100% guarantee that he will go to a pet home and not end up in the hands of a breeder at any point in the future.

you are right it would be better if he was done ...before homing I am sure his owner will discuss this with a potential new owner :)

Last edited:
i dont think she would get him neutered as this was suggested a few months back... but yes you are right it would be better if he was done ...

I have a black, male continental giant. He is not neutered. He is now 15 months. He is a total softie house bunny.

About 8 months ago, his nibbling got out of control! So much so, my mum only comes here to look after him whilst I'm away as she was put off having him in her home.

My advice - he will calm down. Neutering may well help but if you don't want to - CHEW STOPPA!! It should be available from most pet stores. And be very firm. One nibble and he's in jail aka the only time the door of his hutch is ever shut (and even then 5 minutes at the most!). Honestly, they learn and calm down. I was always going to persevere and would not have even thought of getting rid of him but, honestly, it did not take long.

Oh and, give him as many things that he can chew as you can - p@h are good for at least one thing here - giant willow balls but he always has a box house; news papers; magazines; loo rolls etc etc......

By the way, he's a beautiful rabbit. :)

Last edited:
Oh wow, he looks gorgeous. What a shame he is being rehomed :cry:
Hope he can go as a house bun as he looks rather comfy there on the sofa!

yeh its a real shame, .. Continentals make fab pets though as i know from my boy but they are big and can destroy things fast....fingers crossed for a new home soon :)

Last edited:
What is the situation with Ralph now?

I might be interested if I have the back up of a rescue for space while neutered, bonding help and if it doesn't work out then a rescue space.

Where abouts are you?

What is the situation with Ralph now?

I might be interested if I have the back up of a rescue for space while neutered, bonding help and if it doesn't work out then a rescue space.

Where abouts are you?

It says on first post he is in Wakefield. If so, then I'd be able to help with transport if needed. I'm north Notts, so sort of in the middle.

sorry for late reply been on nite shifts...the owner has decided to keep him she loves him too much... fingers crossed it work out.

Last edited:
Back