• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I try & bond again??

Clydiebaby

New Kit
Hi Everyone- I recently lost my 8 year old beautiful boy (i'm Very very sad )

He left behind his lovely 8 year old wife, and i need some advice on weather i should try to bond her with a new mate?

My bun is a house rabbit and have always given her lots of love and attention, when we are home she has the run of out flat. She spends no more than 5 hours in her cage in the day when we are both at work. Thankfully, since the loss of my other bun (last Saturday) she has continued to eat well, and comes out of her cage to sleep in front of the fire. So far i have only noticed one thing in the change of her bahaviour which is that she is contantly going behind the TV and does appear to be looking for him, do you think this is what she is doing?

I would like to hear people's thoughts on what would be best going forward? If she could lead a happy life going forward on her i own i would rather this as the pain i am suffering from my loss and the guilt i feel that she has lost her mate at the minute feels unbearable, and just fear as she is also reaching the latter years of her life i maybe left in a similar position again before long. However, she comes first and if she needs a mate to continue to lead a happy life, this is what i will do.

If i was to bond her again would you suggust i rehome an older rabbit or is it advisible to have a younger bun? Also any suggestions of good rescue homes in the peterborough (cambridgeshire) area.

Any help, advice will be greatfully appretiated.

thanks

If she is coping well I think she will be ok as long as she doesn't have to spend too much time alone. I would keep an eye on her and if you think she is feeling lonely then you will have to consider getting her a friiend maybe one over 6.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your bunny boy.:( x

His lady friend sounds as if she if being well cared for and is much loved. What a lucky bun.

If you think that one day she might want a new husbun then there are rescues that re-home nationwide and will also do the bonding for you.

In the meantime I would continue doing what you are doing and review the situation if need be.

Every bunny is so different so only you can really know what would suit your bunny best.

Sending noserubs to the lady bun.x

Back