• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Going away

CazandCo

Alpha Buck
I took my babies to the cattery for their Christmas break... I hate leaving them, even though they are well looked after. Poor jack was miaowing that awful cry, the buns were quite content. But I will be spending Christmas in a beautiful house in the lakes, slight plus I think.

Anyone else separating from their babies over Christmas?

I had to make the decision of whether to take the bunnies to my parents or find somewhere to look after them. I chose to take them with me. BUT I'm not sure this was the right decision.... They are not too bad at travelling, and I've done it many times before. But now they have their aviary I feel cruel taking them to my parents' where their enclosure is SO much smaller :( I'm going to try to do some DIY and add on the spare hutch I have but I'm not too confident of it working so they'll be cooped up for 3 days :( fine if it was summer and I could just bring them inside, but the temp change will be too much at this time of year :( not much I can do about it now!

Mine are coming with me :oops: prob not the best descision for them, they will be in very temporary accomodation although will get some free range time.

I just feel safer having them with me! (will also be using the fact that they will be unsettled as a chance to cut Thor's claws, did Loki's last week but I'm not sure it's physically possible to do Thor's at home, even the fail all 'trance' doesn't work with him... Not that I make a habit of that with any bun, Loki's nails were done with him upright :thumb:)

Back