• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it ok to do this...

Deevee

Young Bun
I have 4 rescue bunnies. Two live in a large dog kennel with attached run and the other 2 live in the outhouse with a tunnel through to a large attached run. As all rabbits love investigating new things/surroundings etc I thought about swapping them over so the bunnies currently living in the outhouse would move to the dog kennel set up and the buns in the dog kennel move into the outhouse set up. I just want to know if its ok to do this or would it upset the bonds between each couple?. Obviously I would clean it all out first and move most of their nest boxes and toys/blankets with them. But I just want to make sure the new surroundings and smells won't break their bonds.
I do change things within their current set ups on a regular basis for them to keep their minds active, but there is only so much I can do within each enclosure and I know they would love investigating a whole new enclosure. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think that's a good idea to swap their homes over they could start fighting as its new territory if they are ok as they are I would leave them in their current homes :love: someone more knowledgable may be able to advise better :love:

Back