• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can bunnies show affection?

Rabbit1234

New Kit
Hello everybody,

I have a question! Can bunnies show affection?
As cute as they look bunnies never look like they have much expression to me, and my only bunny when I was little was really viscious :s

Thanks

Most certainly they can, but don't expect the same affection as with a cat or dog. Rabbits are a prey species and so naturally cautious, with a rabbit you have to earn their trust, but once you do in my opinion that means more than my dad's dog who will love anyone and everyone. My rabbits will not jump up on the sofa next to anyone except me and my oh ect ect.

Yes definitely!! Both of my bunnies are very affectionate. They love being stroked and having a cuddle and in return they will lick my hands and face :love: they know when I'm sad (I think) and will sit by my feet and protect me. :love: they show me when they are excited, curious, sad, having fun, worried, in love.... I love them!

I dont know if its because I am a new bunny owner.. I dont thnk Floppy and Willow are affectionate, they are mooching for food.....Thas the only interest they show in me....

Fee x

I dont know if its because I am a new bunny owner.. I dont thnk Floppy and Willow are affectionate, they are mooching for food.....Thas the only interest they show in me....

Fee x

Bee didn't show affection to me til the day before the year anniversay of when we got him. Now he's like a different bunny to that first year! It's like something's just switched inside him!!

Back