• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need some suggestions please?

jazxo

Mama Doe
I am totally fed up of Pippin living on mud :( I need to move her onto concrete but it's extremely uneven. Pippin run is lined with wire mesh but it's covered 80% in bath mats/other mats etc so she doesn't get sore paws.

So basically I'm asking do you think there's anything I can build or buy to put under her hutch and run but then onto the concrete? Like just to prop the hutch and run up to the same level then I'd cover the floor of the run with rubber mats etc.

Please tell me if this really doesn't make sense and all suggestions are welcome.

Didn't want to read and run but I'm not sure I can picture what you're explaining. Is there any chance you could post a picture?

Didn't want to read and run but I'm not sure I can picture what you're explaining. Is there any chance you could post a picture?

Thank you :lol: I can't at the moment because it's pouring down with rain but I will tomorrow or soon. I don't know if a photo of her set up will help but here we go anyway:
DSCN4069_zps65643ee7.jpg

So I want to move that onto concrete but the concrete is very uneven and different levels so I need some way to just make sure the hutch and run are level.

Could you get some thin pieces of wood and nail them to the underside of the run panels to make it level? If that makes sense :lol:

Could you get some thin pieces of wood and nail them to the underside of the run panels to make it level? If that makes sense :lol:

Thank you, that's what I'm thinking but the whole thing is uneven :( like 1 bit is 3/4 inches higher and then there's another bit which like dips down. I'm just going to have to take a photo tomorrow :)

Thank you, that's what I'm thinking but the whole thing is uneven :( like 1 bit is 3/4 inches higher and then there's another bit which like dips down. I'm just going to have to take a photo tomorrow :)

Our patio was the same before it was relaid. In the winter Poppy would move onto it because of the grass turning to sludge! and I would have to wedge wood under the one corner and the middle until my dad nailed it in for me:p

Our patio was the same before it was relaid. In the winter Poppy would move onto it because of the grass turning to sludge! and I would have to wedge wood under the one corner and the middle until my dad nailed it in for me:p

It's so annoying :( Yeah my grass is so awful at the moment, my mum is so annoyed at me about it :lol: I really don't want to her to stay where she is all winter/spring so I'm going to have to think of something!

Back