• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

issue solved!

ammar

Young Bun
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
please help!!!

a person inject 10 mg of valium (diazepam) to my rabbit,, what should i do ?? his weight is 1.5 kg :cry::cry:

in my area there is no profectional vet!

Why on earth did someone do that!?!?!?! You HAVE to get to a vet. They need to get it out of the buns stomach.
I have no idea what could happen to your bun with this kind of medication. Best case scenario is that you will have a REALLY mellow rabbit but worst case....

Can you travel to get him to a vet ASAP.
There isn't much you can do I don't think.

My rabbit is epileptic and weighs 1.9 kg. If she fits I would have to give her 0.19mls of Diazepam. Presuming yours is the same stregth I have here then 10mg is a whole 2mls.
Going by the dose rate my vet gave me a safe amount to give your rabbit would have been 0.15mls.

Your rabbit needs serious veterinary treatment FAST.

Why did your friend do that?

Is there really no vets? Any vet will be better than none, and I think your bun really needs to see one :(

If it is truly impossible then give bun a bowl of water, lots of hay and keep them calm. - hopefully someone will know more than me.

Then pick up the phone, call the police (non emergancy number) and report the person who did this for animal creulty :evil:

Is there really no vets? Any vet will be better than none, and I think your bun really needs to see one :(

If it is truly impossible then give bun a bowl of water, lots of hay and keep them calm. - hopefully someone will know more than me.

Then pick up the phone, call the police (non emergancy number) and report the person who did this for animal creulty :evil:

:thumb:

Where are you based? If you just give a general area, someone might be able to suggest a vet. Bunny needs to see a vet urgently.

Can you travel to get him to a vet ASAP.
There isn't much you can do I don't think.

My rabbit is epileptic and weighs 1.9 kg. If she fits I would have to give her 0.19mls of Diazepam. Presuming yours is the same stregth I have here then 10mg is a whole 2mls.
Going by the dose rate my vet gave me a safe amount to give your rabbit would have been 0.15mls.

Your rabbit needs serious veterinary treatment FAST.

Why did your friend do that?

he is not my friend ,,,he is the only fuc**** vet in my area..nd he neutered my rabbit.

please help!!!

a person inject 10 mg of valium (diazepam) to my rabbit,, what should i do ?? his weight is 1.5 kg :cry::cry:

one thing more..please suggest me some medicines after surgery of rabbit.. (neuter)
in my area there is no professional vet!

Please tell me someon is NOT neutering the rabbit themselves, as in, not by a professional!?!? :cry:

he is not my friend ,,,he is the only fuc**** vet in my area..nd he neutered my rabbit.

Can you travel further to the next closest one. Or even phone another surgery up for advice on what to do. Any vets can take the call and give advice over the phone.
If you are in the UK I would report him to the RCVS straight away.

I take 5mg diazepam and I'm human. It should also be noted that diazepam has an extremely long half life and that in humans it stays in the system for a good 24hours. You need to get your bunny to a vet now.

Diazepam suppresses so if, like in humans, your rabbit will be calm.

I take 5mg diazepam and I'm human. It should also be noted that diazepam has an extremely long half life and that in humans it stays in the system for a good 24hours. You need to get your bunny to a vet now.

Diazepam suppresses so if, like in humans, your rabbit will be calm.

:(

We had our rabbit on diazepam twice daily for a month. Obviously not the high dose you mention but higher than michg gives her bunny. Hopefully if he is coming round now he will be ok.
Must be so difficult not being able to find good vet care.
Wishing you and your bunny all the very best x

Back