• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The healing power of bunnies

dutchbunny

Mama Doe
I was talking about it with my friend this morning, how buns have this amazing ability to make you feel better.
I lost my dad a year ago and fell into a big black hole afterwards, just wasn't coping. Moses joined our family in February and Watson in April and every time I was having a bad moment, they would always be able to cheer me up. Even my husband noticed the difference and would always tell me to sit with the bunnies if I was feeling rough.

Like the other night, when I was feeling really upset because the 1 year anniversary came up, my husband suggested to have a cuddle with the on the sofa. They never let me cuddle them but they did that day. Like they could sense that that is what I needed. Anyone else have nice stories about the same thing?

5e812b54d05898dc1162fe6c877dbede.jpg

You're so right, they just KNOW. Whenever I'm upset, Tia (who doesn't come more than arms length to us) will let me stroke her face and looks at me while I do it too :)

Sorry to hear about your Dad, I lost both my parents, my Dad 5 years ago, and I know what you're going thru xxx big hugz to you and your bunsters xx

Sorry to hear about your Dad, I lost both my parents, my Dad 5 years ago, and I know what you're going thru xxx big hugz to you and your bunsters xx

I too lost both my parents. My mother when I was 9 and then my dad last year. It never gets easier doesn't it. xxx

I too lost both my parents. My mother when I was 9 and then my dad last year. It never gets easier doesn't it. xxx

Big hugz hunny, it gets easier but not around anniversaries and celebrations - for example, all my life we've spent christmas eve at my dads (they were divorced) and he'd do a tea party (my nieces and nephews are nearly same age as me) and it was the highlight of our year! so now, i hate christmas eve, i really struggle with it :(

I know he is better now tho, no more pain, no more loneliness (he was 77 and his mind was going a little and he always said he never wanted to lose his mind and i know how unhappy he was at getting confused). I still sit in my garden (he'd love love love my garden) and i talk to him, and it really helps, we have a robin in our garden, and i think its him, he always ssaid he'd come back as a bird, and i find it a comfort, even if its not him, i still find it a comfort that this little robin is always in the garden when im thinking about him).

Thinking of you, sending biiiiiiiig hugz xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Big hugz hunny, it gets easier but not around anniversaries and celebrations - for example, all my life we've spent christmas eve at my dads (they were divorced) and he'd do a tea party (my nieces and nephews are nearly same age as me) and it was the highlight of our year! so now, i hate christmas eve, i really struggle with it :(

I know he is better now tho, no more pain, no more loneliness (he was 77 and his mind was going a little and he always said he never wanted to lose his mind and i know how unhappy he was at getting confused). I still sit in my garden (he'd love love love my garden) and i talk to him, and it really helps, we have a robin in our garden, and i think its him, he always ssaid he'd come back as a bird, and i find it a comfort, even if its not him, i still find it a comfort that this little robin is always in the garden when im thinking about him).

Thinking of you, sending biiiiiiiig hugz xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Very true that you miss them most around certain dates. I am 32 now and if I look at how much I still miss my mum. They say time heals all wounds but it doesn't. It closes up but definitely leaves a scar. My dad was a grumpy cow. A very stubborn man (I got that from him for sure!) but with such a wicked sense of humour. He would do crazy things. Once, he went into town not wearing shoes as he couldn't be bothered. Someone even asked him if he'd lost his shoes.

I still got emails from my dad and I keep thinking that I can reply to them but of course I will never get a reply back.
In a way I am lucky that when my dad remarried, he married the woman my mum asked to look after us (she was my dad's colleague). She not only is the same age as my mum, she looks like her too. I have always been very close to her and I never refer to her as my step mum. Only in stories sometimes as people get confused when I talk about my mother in the living sense.
She is amazing woman who was diagnosed with cancer at the start of the year (so cruel when you think I already lost both my parents to it) but she has been an inspiration. So happy, so positive. So I do still have a parent in a way and I just hug her ever so closely every time I see her.

The story about the robin made me well up. It's so nice when we got those little things to hold on to.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh my, this thread has me balling my eyes out. I lost my Mum 3 years ago, very suddenly, one min she was here and the next gone. My aunt died 3 months later after a long illness. They always came to us for christmas with the whole family, I often had bwtween 16 and 20 for lunch and then more for a party in the afternoon.

I miss them more than words.

Thanks for this thread.

Your bunnies look so happy there with you.

Oh my, this thread has me balling my eyes out. I lost my Mum 3 years ago, very suddenly, one min she was here and the next gone. My aunt died 3 months later after a long illness. They always came to us for christmas with the whole family, I often had bwtween 16 and 20 for lunch and then more for a party in the afternoon.

I miss them more than words.

Thanks for this thread.

Your bunnies look so happy there with you.

Joining you in on the virtual hug Rupert&Tia and me are having. :love:

Joining you in on the virtual hug Rupert&Tia and me are having. :love:

Definitely, totally understand everything you all said :D

Its a really hard time of year isn't it :(

I meant to say - Rupert comes and sits on me if im sad or grumpy, if i don't laugh or smile, he does something naughty, then a binky cos he must know it makes me laugh :lol: bunnies are so clever, we're all so lucky to have them in our lives xxx

My OH doesn't really get this whole bunny business. He doesn't dislike them but he isn't mad about them like I am. Saying that, it is so obvious to him the effect they have on me and he does find it hilarious when it hits 9pm and I softly sing: ♫darlings♪ and they come racing as they know they get their little bit of pellets.

And when he comes home, they always sit there waiting for him and he'll greet them with a "hello rabbits!". Although he does refer to them as sh*tbags as well :roll:

I can't imagine my life without them.

Back