• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help please really worried U/D panic over

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
I was gently massaging the base of Honey's ears as she really likes it. While i was doing it there was a strange sound, almost like an air bubble popping. She seemed fine. Then she started eating her breakfast pellets, and just after starting to munch each one she moved her head sharply to to the left :( it looks like she's in pain.i am terrified that her eardrum has burst :( i always massage her ears though and it's fine :cry: going to ring the vets when they open at 8, but does anyone have any ideas? :(

Last edited:
Now i think its her throat :? Her neck seems to spasm or something when she swallows i found some wallpaper on the floor, its painted so quite sharp on the edges. I hope it hasn't cut her throat :(

I really have no idea what it could be but wanted to say that I hope she is ok xx
Hugs for you & her x

Definitely would have her checked out, especially if you think she is in pain. I have never heard of anything like that!

Thanks everyone, we have an appointment tonight. I am at work until 6. :( my OH is off so keeps checking on her, she's ok in herself, running round etc, its just when she eats something, she now makes a little squeaky noise when she's eating (at least she is eating) which sounds like her nose :? She will be checked out properly at the vets, i'm still worried though.

Not sure if it's the same thing, but when tia had her myxi jab last january, as the needle went in there was a popping noise, it was horrific, and she was clearly in pain afterwards - the vet gave her gut stimulant and metacam and in a few days she was back to normal.

hope shes feeling better soon and its nothing serious x

I doubt that you popped her eardrum as like humans they are pretty resilient and it would take something to go in her ear to pop it. At least I would think so anyway.

I hope she's okay :)

I doubt that you popped her eardrum as like humans they are pretty resilient and it would take something to go in her ear to pop it. At least I would think so anyway.

I hope she's okay :)

Thanks, yeah i just panicked! I'm 99% sure it's her throat now :( she seems ok generally though.

Back from the vets :D she ate her tea fine, quicker than Olly :lol: OH fed them. When I got home and gave her some hay she started munching it, but making squeaky noises and quite noisy breathing. The vet listened to her chest and said it was perfectly clear, but the noises were coming from her throat (like I thought). He things she just has a sore throat after swallowing something sharp. She had metacam, and I've to take her back tomorrow if still worried. Massively relieved, I was beginning to think she might have pneumonia. Will have to just keep an eye on her. Thanks everyone :love:

Back