• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits ears not lopped yet?

cassy1989

New Kit
Hello my name is Cassy and I am new here. I got my rabbit Princess from a breeder 2.5 weeks ago now and she will be 12 weeks on monday. (Born on 1st october) The breeder told me that she is a dwarf lop rabbit and that both her mother and father have lop ears. I saw both the mother and father and they did so am assuming this was the true parents I saw. Anyway I was just wondering if any one knows when Princess' ears will lop as they haven't yet? Occassionally one will go down a little but it always goes back up lol. Thanks in advance xx

Her ears may just stay up all the time. I am sure you will love her just the same if she is uppy eared or helicopter eared.

Probably not a pure breed. Did the breeder know the genetic line a few generations back? They may not lop at all, or they may lop but she has some control over her ears, or one may lop and not the other - basically anything can happen if she wasn't a properly bred bun. I'm sure she'll still be adorable though :)

I got Watson at 8 weeks and her ears were lop right away. I do wonder if she is fully lop or not. Buns can have their ears in the funniest way. Moses has 2 up before I got Watson and now he was one up and one down.

She should be 'lopped' by now if she is going to be, they will usually be obvious from a very young age. Mine were both lopped by her age.

I'm sure she will be just as lovely.

our 'accidents' all lopped at about 4-5 weeks so suspect she will not lop now -

Was it a registered professional breeder?

Hi thanks for replying every one :) Yeah I definitely love her no matter what her ears are like, she is just perfect to be honest even when she poos all over the carpet lol. I don't mind what her ears were like, I was just wondering if they would lop or not. The breeder only told me about her parents xx

I remember when one of my bunnies, Navi, was a baby. Huge lop ears... but only one! She kept the other in an awkward position on her back for a few weeks. Then finally... her ear dropped. Bless her!

One of Alfie's ears took a long while to lop at all - it just used to stick straight up until he was about 16 to 18 weeks old, possibly older than that even. Then it just went up and down at random for a couple of mths. :lol: He can still control that ear even now but it stays down for most of the time.

Back