• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Storm got stuck :-(

sparklefairy

Wise Old Thumper
On his back :cry::cry: he was laying on his back all happy and relaxed but then couldn't get up again :cry: It was horrible to watch, he really panicked. He did manage to turn him self round before I could help him but :cry::cry::cry: My poor Stormy

The vet doesn't seem to think so :? He's never been the most athletic bun so it's hard to tell. He is 7 and a half so I guess it's a possibility though. I've never seen him get stuck like that, it was not nice to see :cry: I thought he was having a fit :cry::cry:

Oh bless him, poor little man. It must have scared him a bit, I hope he's ok now. xx

He seems OK, he went straight to the food bowl :roll: I think I was left more shaken than he was. I'm just worried that it will happen again when I'm not there and he won't be able to get up :cry:

At least he is hungry. Hopefully it won't happen again, cannot be easy for them to get on their back, maybe he rolled off something.

bless him, just keep an eye on him, this s how rosie started off when she got old, she would fall and couldnt get up though, not choose to lie down
give hm nose rubs from us x

Thank you everyone. Storm has always slept on his back, he just dives on the ground and rolls over. He has never had any problems before getting up :cry:

What should I do if it keeps happening?

possibly some metacam? if i remember rightly he's a frenchie (ignor me if im just making things up :oops: ) and 7s really old for a frenchie. I would go with being a little stiff and arthritic...they are quite prone to it.

Yes he's a Frenchie. He's not quite as heavy as he used to be. He's just under 6kg now. He has shown no signs of getting old, he's still boisterous and charges around like a little tank :lol:

I guess he could be hiding any problems, or his arthritis, if he has it, might show up differently to Gypsy's arthritis. Gypsy will be 9 soon and can't periscope :( or jump very high Storm can still periscope and as I type he is digging like a maniac and throwing his poo tray around :roll:

Storm can still periscope and as I type he is digging like a maniac and throwing his poo tray around :roll:[/QUOTE]

Bless him. I think that the fact that he is still very active means there is not too much wrong with him yet but as someone has already said, he is quite old.

These beautiful furry creatures really do cause us some angst dont they?

:shock: Oh my he is as big as a dog. I knew he was big but 6 kg. :shock: No wonder he ate mattresses. Didn't realise he slept on his back, until I re-read the post. :oops:

Hope Storm is fine today.

he is a big boy :D but not as big as some. I have so many pics of Storm sleeping on his back, he still freaks me out sometimes as it just looks wrong :shock: He seems OK today, it was just me panicking. It was just horrible to see him struggle like that. I only hope it doesn't become a regular thing.

I don't like my babies getting older :cry:

Back