• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bo grooming his snugglesafe!!!!!

Bit concerned about this.
When we lost Barnaby we got Bo a snugglesafe for the cold winter nights. We started wrapping it in his pet carrier towel for extra insulation and to make sure he didn't burn himself.
The towel started to look a bit ratty with loose threads and we thought he'd just been digging at it to get the snugglesafe into position but I watched him tonight and I've realised he's actually grooming it like he used to with Barnaby. He's getting hold of the threads, pulling them up whilst licking them and putting them to one side after :shock:
We thought he hadn't really been pining for Barnaby that much but he obviously is missing a bun to share his hutch :cry:
We can't get him a wifey- bun till after New Year when we''ve moved so I feel so sorry for him. We've tried getting him loads of toys and things but he just puts them in the corner of his hutch and he doesn't really like cuddles or nose rubs.
Anyone else had this? I'm just wondering if it could be a problem when trying to bond in case he's already bonded with his snugglesafe/towel :?

Not sure if they could bond with objects. Leo does this, I think it's because it's warm tbh. He doesn't do it when it's cold. He does the same with his towels and blankets while rearranging them :)

Could he have a teddy bear? Leo loves his, lies next to it, groom it.. Humps it.. :lol:

:lol: Bless Leo,
I've been out today and got Bo a cuddly toy as suggested, he's approaching it with caution at the moment :)
Still grooming his snugglesafe but hoping he'll grow out of that. Can't wait to get into new house and get him a wifey :love:

My 2 girls ALWAYS lick the snugglesafes when I take them to their hutch at night - I assume it's because they're warm and smell of their own smell. They get carried away sometimes - paws on it and having a good old lick! Judging by a couple of similar answers, I would think that this behaviour is therefore normal.

Rupert always licks his snugglesafes, so don't panic too much :) he licks them like hes saying 'oooooh i love you i missed you where did you go?'

Back