• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I knew it!

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
..Donny and Lola aren't eating the new hay.. (Hay for pets)

I knew they wouldn't. I can't order anymore now and even if I find some in a shop they rarely eat meadow hay :roll:

They're nibbling tiny bits then leaving it. It's gone from emptying their hay racks and most of their little tray to barely touching it. I would have had some of the old stuff left but the new hay took a week to get here.. Yodel :evil:

I live surrounded by farms and not one of them sells hay.. Hay from the garden centre is poo and I'm not going to p@h.

No idea what I'm going to do :(

Erm... I don't know if you can get to Kidderminster but there's a saddlery place that usually has big bags for cheap. Also try supermarkets?

Are there no pet supplie stores near you? Little independent ones you might not have noticed?

Failing that I think I'd just go to P@H as a one-off, it's better than the buns not eating hay.

Erm... I don't know if you can get to Kidderminster but there's a saddlery place that usually has big bags for cheap. Also try supermarkets?

Going into the co op later to buy out their teeny bags of hay:lol: every single time they do this, they know I can't get anymore so stop eating it:roll: must be an 'untasty' bag :( they demolished the grass weeks ago so they can't get anything from that:lol:

Hoping The Range has some decent bags too.. Our local one, for some reason, stopped selling hay and now only sell straw and woodshavings :? We have to go to one that's further away:roll:

Why do I have such picky rabbits! :roll:

Are there no pet supplie stores near you? Little independent ones you might not have noticed?

Failing that I think I'd just go to P@H as a one-off, it's better than the buns not eating hay.

Nope, I've searched for the past year to no avail and asked the local horsey place, nothing :( apart from straw. I can't go to p@h for 2 reasons, I get incredibly :censored: off and they won't eat that hay either :roll::lol:

Gosh, my two eat the hay they are given! Probably cos at their last home they didn't get much hay and when they did it was probably a bit rubbish, so they had to eat it!

Do you have any treat hays/readigrass you could mix in with it?

My rex toffee has been a nightmare with hay, all my other 7 buns will eat anything but not toffee, he will only eat oxbow alfalfa,which is not really good for him so ive been sneakily weaning him of it and onto pets at home alfalfa kings timothy hay as it looks exactly the same and so far alls good :D

Back