• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is there anyway to tell if a female is spayed?

Janey

Warren Veteran
Im guessing no other than looking for a scar but thought i'd ask.

I took Pixie from a friend on the understanding that she was spayed. However, over the months I have had her i've become unsure as she makes nests on a fairly regular basis, however, her litter tray habits are impeccable so I thought she was maybe confused & it was because she was living next to Poppy & Peter (bonding didnt work) that shexwas nesting. She's also had a lot of upheavel in regards to changing environment etc, failed bonding etc so thought she could be stressed.

However, after yet more nests I have asked her old owners for the 3rd time who are now saying 'im not sure, I will try & check'. Im eager to her spayed for all the obvious reasons but dont think I will be getting a difinitive 'yes' or 'no' on whether she has been done.

ask her old owners for the name of the vet who did the op and the address they were at when done..also make sure you know their surname..then ring vets and check..that is how we find out
from the sound of it doubt she is, but worth asking

I'd ask the vet to have a good look when you take her for either a general check-up or next jab. They should be able to feel whether she's got her innards or not. Failing that, they could scan her but that'll cost you a pretty penny no doubt.

Thanks. I did think about asking for name of vets etc but they are very close family friends and I dont want to seem like I dont trust them (my Parents see them on a weekly basis, the rabbit belonged to an adult daughter who I dont really see any more but I have e-mailed her and she cant remember so is asking her Mum), if they do say she has been done I cant really ask for the vet info as it will seem distrustful.

I will take her along when im next at the vets (which is all too frequently), to see if theu can shed any light and if not what they suggest.

Scanning does sound expensive.

tell them you want to get the bunnies history/notes sent over to your vet :) reasonable request in my opinion, will also be very handy for your vet to have the medical history :)

Back