• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I cant take much more of this...

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
Now Mini's not eating :cry: i noticed about half an hour ago she was tummy pressing, went to give them pellets and she's not interested. I've given her some metacam and a tummy rub and she's had two pellets and a tiny bit of fibafirst in my arms but when she's on the floor she's not interested. I have metaclop and infacol but I havent given the first one in case it's a blockage and I don't know whether to give the second because I can't hear any wind noises, I cant hear any noises from her stomach. I've also just syringed some water into her but not a great deal went in, she's fighting me which is good but is hiding under the bed.

Awww poor bun!

Does she have a favourite favourite food?

I'd take her straight to the vet in the morning. :(

Favourtie food is everything basically. If shes still like this in an hour I'm phoning the emergency vet, its very unlike her.

Dammit she just came out and had a look at the pile of forage and went back under the bed again. I know she ate at half 6, i'm definite on that cos I took a photo! So so far it's only been four hours.

Last edited:
Sending tonnes of nomming vibes xxx Do you have any critical care or Fibreplex?

No :( I always thought it best not to syringe feed in case it's a blockage? Having had another feel of her tummy I think she might have some gas as it feels a bit like a balloon so I've syringed some infacol anyway just in case.

She's so obviously not herself. If this was Smudge I wouldn't be so worried because he does this but her?

Maybe try syringe something into her so there's something to keep the bowels going, and then a little metaclopromide. Mind the syringe feed will get some water into her which would help if her bowels are a little dehydrated.
You know her best so you know when to take to the vet.
Sendig vibes xxxx

She's just ate something! I was just checking on her and if she still wasn't right was going to phone but she's eaten hay, apple leaves and pea pods by herself.

She's still not right but better. :thumb:

Last edited:
She's gone back to not doing much though she looks a bit more comfortable. I phoned the emergency vet about an hour ago who basically said give her metaclop and that he didnt see much point me taking her but that I could if I wanted. So she's had metaclop and I might give it an hour and give her a little more metacam. I did ask about the metacam but he had to go for a moment to check on an animal and I forgot to re-ask when he got back.

I've left her since the call as I don't want to hover too much as it doesn't help Smudge when he's in stasis. I'm just going to try and tempt her again and then I'll leave her for a bit longer.

Those following Smudge's exploits will note the irony when I say that since SHE'S been feeling rough HE has virtually not stopped eating hay :roll:

*sigh*

Charlie gets gassy sometimes, I tend to find the best thing is to take him into a different room and force him to move about. Give a few tummy rubs in between getting him to run about. It doesn't help once he's in full blown stasis but if it's just gas it works. It's probably a bit too late to help now as she had meds and they've made her more comfortable, but it's all I know!

Hope she's back to normal in the morning so you can stop worrying

Actually i might give that a go. I normally nudge Smudge round the room but I cant in here because Minis just hiding under the bed and I can't really reach her very easily.

Thats definitely helped. She did some poops, the first couple very mucusy, then a few normal ones but wetter than usual then she passed two or three bullet shaped ones which looked like they'd been connected into one long one and broken as she passed them. I bought her back in and she's had a pea pod, some pellets and some bramble leaves and is much more alert.

Thanks Steph! Thats really made a huge difference, shall continue pushing the hay and forage with her now.

She's been having loads of forage (I am now more or less out of everything!) and some big long drinks and now she's eating hay! :thumb: so relieved! Chasing her round the landing definitely helped, she hated it but it helped her to get those strange poops out. Still have no idea what caused it because they didnt have any obvious foreign material in.

I'm gonna try and get some sleep now!

She had probably eaten too much during the day if you put extra amounts down to try to tempt Smudge

Monitoring poo output can be a great help as if a Bun stops eating it is always useful to know if poo input decreased/stopped in the preceding hours. Poo output changes tend to occur before a Rabbit stops eating, so it can act as an early warning system :)

Charlie gets gassy sometimes, I tend to find the best thing is to take him into a different room and force him to move about. Give a few tummy rubs in between getting him to run about. It doesn't help once he's in full blown stasis but if it's just gas it works. It's probably a bit too late to help now as she had meds and they've made her more comfortable, but it's all I know!

Hope she's back to normal in the morning so you can stop worrying

exactly what i was going to say. when matthew gets tummy troubles we start with infacol, tummy rub and me chasing him around for half an hour. that usually fixes it.

hope mini is fully recovered very soon.

Back