• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What type of bunny is my Bailey?

Bailey-Bun

New Kit
I was given a bunny :D and im a little bit in love! hes 2 and neutered but not vaccinated (I need to look into this in the new year) He was very much loved by his old owners but their circumstances have changed and he needed a new home. and Im the lucky one! Dont worry he doesnt live in the cat box. I just bring that inside for him to go to the toilet in when he is indoors

He is rather a large boy! what sort of bunny is he?

IMAG4001-1_zpsfc29bcc3.jpg

IMAG3998-1_zpsf23890fa.jpg

I would say he is a crossbreed (there is nothing wrong with that). He may well have lop in him by the look of his ears, but buns do push their ears forward when they are being inquisitive. Whatever he is he is very handsome and I want to sqwish him :love::love::love:

yeah but they don't have that solid marking on their backs, they're spotty :love:

Yeah, he could be anything lets face it :lol:

eta: heres a definition of butterfly markings, not sure what the difference is in broken? Anyone know? :)
A butterfly marked rabbit should be:
Overall impression white with a regular coloured pattern.
Back: Coloured with white shoulders and sides.
Belly: White with a few small coloured spots over the teats.
Ears coloured.
Legs white.
Coloured elbow spots.
Head eye circles and a butterfly shape which covers the nose and top lips.

Last edited:
ooo and I found this about "Charlie" buns

Its like English markings, ie spots on the sides, stripe down the back and typically a 'Charlie Chaplin' moustache (hence the name )

You get them when you mate a butterfly to a butterfly - doubling up ont he butterfly gene just means the markings go to pot!

interesting!

Butterfly is a symmetrical pattern anything not to 'BRC' standard (white lips, ear tips etc) is a broken, and an under marked, white with hardly any colour, is a charlie

According to 'BRC' Butterfly and Broken are only found in lops

So according to 'BRC' show standards he would be broken

PS I dont show or follow anything, but have been doing a lot of research on colours over the last few months

Last edited:
Lola3_zps1565a1d8.jpg

This is Lola,
Cant get onto photo bucket to get our other english spot x mini lop

Georgey, there are so many names for colours, like one colour is names Isabella, Sussex Cream or Beige, it just depends what you have been told I suppose, like fox's are marten sables aswell and many many more, I got so confused I started doing research

Thanks everyone :) Im not really bothered what "type" he is I was just curious! He most likely is a mix up of different bunnies bacause I believe he originally came from a petshop. He was given to me last week and is about 2 yrs old. He is a lovely boy! very cheeky and nosey. He is my first bunny so this is all new to me

Back