• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is Princess ok?

emily..

Warren Scout
this morning before school, i got Princess out for 30 minutes before i left ( as i always do) and she was perfectly fine. but when i went to put her back in to her cage, she wouldn't go in for me where as usually she jumps straight in. she after about 20 minutes of running away from me she decided to give up and went in. my mum has been here all day when i was in school and she says that Princess has been eating and drinking. but that all she has done is lie down in the same spot. mum thought she was looking a bit down and thought giving her some salad would cheer her up because its her favourite and she doesn't have it very often but for some strange reason she wouldn't eat it. Princess usually runs straight up to me as soon as i come home from school but today she didn't she just lay down. this made me concerned so got her straight out and lay her down by my side and she got up and went behind the sofa to lie down. she was not her self at all. i put her back in and im keeping a close eye on her, she hasn't eat or drunk anything since I've been home. a few minutes ago i realised her ears are feeling fairly cold. can anyone suggest what could be wrong with her? is it just a simple flu or something else?x

Has she eaten anything in the last few hours and has she poo'd and/or wee'd?

This sounds a lot like stasis, in which case it is an emergancy and she needs to be seen by a vet tonight.

As you know, rabbits can go downhill extremely quickly.

If their behaviour changes it is a sign that they are ill - and if she is not showing interest in food etc then she definitely needs to see a vet urgently.

How long has it been since you know she ate something? How long since any 'output'?

If any answer is more than a couple of hours I would be on the phone to the vets right now I'm afraid Hun xxx

Eta: when she lies down does it look like she is smoothing her belly onto the ground? As that is a sign that she is in pain. Buns are prey animals, they hide illness very well as a weakened bun is an easy meal. If she is showing symptoms the likelihood is that she is feeling pretty bad I'm afraid.

Last edited:
How is she doing?

She is actually a lot better than she was earlier. Thankfully, she has had a lot to drink and a little bit of hay, and instead of lying down she is sat up breathing in the fresh air yay!

Update

She is looking a lot better now! She has eat, drank and pooped! And now she is up and digging her blanket yay! X

update 2

just thought ' should leave you all know that i am over the moon!! we took good care of Princess last night on the sofa, she finally ate some fresh grass and some salad and drank load for me. My heart was in my mouth this morning walking down the stairs to come and see her. she's like a different rabbit this morning, she's happy, joyful and very playful:D.. as i am writing this she is eating. she has made me so proud!!:D:love:

Back