• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bun is stressed/behaviour has changed, can I help him?

MrsBinky

Warren Scout
Think it's because of a wild mouse?
We've had a small problem with mice this year (4 caught in total), they've only been in the kitchen so far.

On Friday husband saw one run through the living room, where the buns live (kitchen comes off the living room, so he's in come under the door), he chased after it & it ran back under the door.
No sign of it since then.

Nothing else has changed.

Since then our boy bun hasn't been himself, he's still eating/drinking/pooping/grooming but he's not bounding around the place destroying everything.
When we let them out the cage, he hops out after ladybun & just sits down or sleeps whereas normally he's up on the sofa, doing laps or ripping up everything in sight.
Ladybun hasn't changed her behaviour towards him/us/the phonebook.

He's 4, neutered, had his vhd/myxi shots & doesn't have anything physical (stomach isn't distended, eyes/teeth/nose/ears/breathing fine).

Is there something I'm missing out on checking?
Should I take him to the vets if he continues like this in a few days?

Thanks in advanced!

You say that he is still eating, drinking, peeing and pooing okay which is great, but if you are still concerned about his behaviour I would advise a quick mot at the vets. Best to be safe than sorry as we know bunnies can go down hill rapidly and bear in mind the festive season is upon us.....................treatment on bank holidays is................bloomin' expensive.

I hope normal service is resumed asap. Noserubs to your bunny. xx

Thanks for the noserubs, he appreciates the attention!

He's still moody, but still doing everything well (feed/poo/etc), we're going to give them a day of hale & parsley only today & if he's still grumping tomorrow we'll pop him up to the vets.
Catch 22 with rabbits, stressed but need to go to vets, going to the vets stresses him out...argh!

I doubt if a mouse/mice would upset him as meeces are quite shy little critters and run a mile at a noise, let alone a huge (to them) bunny wabbit. We have mice at the bottom of our garden and ours aren't bothered about them one jot.

If it was a rat, however, that would be different I think.

I hope he's okay though :). Only you know your rabbits; it's like a mother and her child/ren, so go with your instinct. If you don't think he's right, then off you trot to the vets!

Back