• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

No more dead bunny flop

Toffee pops

Alpha Buck
Since my house bun toffee got neutered 3 months ago ive not seen him dbf, he dosnt even really lie down much anymore, the most ive seen him do is sit with his legs pushed out in front of him where as his wife bun bella is allways doing it, he dosnt grind his teeth and dosnt seem or look in pain and is as mobile as he has allways been, is not of his food so i dont no whats going on or if this is normal behaviour after neutering,i think ill get him to the vets anyway just for a check up.
Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Maybe he does it when you're not looking :lol:

Mine sit like that in the day all the time, it's only really after massive spurts that they flop of lie down and stretch out:)

mine are outdoor buns and only sit up.... they only do the sideways flop thing when they are warm surroundings or after a massive sprint around the garden... but when in hutch they only sit up.

both also neutered only in the last few months.:)

I have never seen either of mine do a dead bunny flop. They do lie all stretched on the floor but more in a superman pose. :lol:

I have never seen either of mine do a dead bunny flop. They do lie all stretched on the floor but more in a superman pose. :lol:

Mine are like this too. Occasionally Fudge will throw herself over on her side, but she always looks very surprised by it and gets up immediately.

Like this?

w1cxnr.jpg

I love that, they look like a rug :lol:

a bit like this.... caramel(the darker bun) tends to slowly place herself in that position and stretch out, Fry on the other hand is a proper dafty and just chucks himself on his side.... usually earning a glare from caramel... :lol:

2461dt1.jpg

I love the superman pose!

Mine don't do dbfs in the winter, I think it's just a bit too cold to be exposing their warm squishy tummies to the cold air, they do them all the time in summer though and not just when it's too hot, they're comfortable doing them in milder temperatures too. I know your bun is indoors but maybe if your house is a bit cold maybe it's the same with him?

Or maybe before he was doing dbfs to show of his manliness and now they're gone he doesn't want to show off his empty baskets :lol:

Pepper's always done dramatic flops but Sergeant never did - until recently. Now he does it quite often! It's very strange, he's nearly three years old!

such lovely photos of dbf's!! Tia does such magnificent flops that she freaks herself out n rolls all the way over :lol: then looks all confused as to what just happened... rupert does dbf's under the radiators, and ALWAYS bumps his head :roll:

Hes got vets tommorow,Im sure hes fine hes eating, poohing,running around just as normal,im just paranoid something is going to happen to him,hes my baby:love::love:

Back