• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

JayJay's gone

Crunchie

Warren Veteran
Some may remember we've had problems with JayJay a bunny we got in March who had a bit of a bad start in life.

He's had poor body condition since we got him and after having him a couple of months we started to question why he was still so skinny.

On taking him to the vet it was found he had a back tooth missing which had allowed the other to grow to the roof of his mouth, He's had this burred 3 times I think with one dental being only three weeks after another. Thankfully this time he's managed 6 weeks without showing any signs of discomfort but he's to have another done before Christmas so goes in this week, We were worried that as he had only managed three weeks before we may have to consider him being put to sleep as it seemed unfair to put him through an op every three weeks. Thankfully the D I C K vet school in Edinburgh have been excellent and the vets there are determined to give him more of a chance. They are hoping to loosen the tooth gradually and eventually remove it.

His body condition has improved a bit now and we feed them these on the fly:

http://www.viovet.co.uk/Non-Prescri...exin_Pro-Fibre/c119_12_149_1020/category.html

Thank you Kermit for the recommendation.

This was him in July
2012-07-26171442-1.jpg

Him yesterday
2012-12-15130656.jpg

He's now up to 2.6kg which is the most he's ever been with us and he feels like he has more padding especially round his rump though his neck and shoulders still feel a little boney. If he has his dental this week then the vet has suggested keyhole surgery and a blood test to check the condition of his liver.

Last edited:
Went in for dental today, this time his heart stopped and they couldn't bring him round.

No more rabbits

So sorry for your loss :cry::cry::cry:

His history sounds not unlike my beautiful Shadow who I lost just short of six months ago (I lost him under GA too). We didn't know why he wouldn't put weight on until the PM gave us the information.

So sorry for the pain of your loss but Jayjay was so very lucky having you looking out for him.

Back