• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

worried now :/

purplesponge

Warren Scout
I got home from work today, and started to clean the rabbits cage out, when i found some fur in the basket they sleep in. its obvious which rabbits it is. they are both 11 week old females, and ive looked online and found contradicting evidence as to what it could be. i then went to stroke the said rabbit to look for any marks and her fur down the back is, what i can only describe as, feels like it has some sort of hair gel in it and it is hard? im ever so worried that my new buns arent getting along. please help!

hi there, have you checked the buns for bite marks? They may have just pulled fur but its always best to check really well for any proper bites. Maybe they are getting a little territorial as they are getting older. Are you getting them neutered?

I got home from work today, and started to clean the rabbits cage out, when i found some fur in the basket they sleep in. its obvious which rabbits it is. they are both 11 week old females, and ive looked online and found contradicting evidence as to what it could be. i then went to stroke the said rabbit to look for any marks and her fur down the back is, what i can only describe as, feels like it has some sort of hair gel in it and it is hard? im ever so worried that my new buns arent getting along. please help!

Are you 100% sure they are both females?

Are you 100% sure they are both females?
they did check when we got them while we were there they were both females, i was planning on getting them both neutered as soon as the vet will do it, i might take them to the vets to double check they are both ok etc :/

Even if they are both females, they can still pull fur and 'nest'

We have male/female female/female pairs and some always 'nest' but I know there is no chance they are in kit

Back