• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toys for French Lops

RogerRabbit999

Mama Doe
I've just taken on a beautiful pure white french lop male, who is blind in one eye and partially sighted in the other, which was caused through terrible acts of cruelty. He is only about one and is so adorable and cuddly. I was hoping to get some advice on what toys, activities might appeal to him. He is an indoor bun, and is reasonably active, but I don't think they tend to race round like smaller breeds. Any advice, info would be greatly appreciated, and even anything that you think I should be aware of concerning this breed, as I am very much out of my comfort zone here, and just want to make sure I don't unintentially cause him any upset, or not meet all of his needs, as he is still a young bun.

I have contis and as you've said they don't tend to charge around as much as the little ones. I have found the firm favourite to be any type of wooden hanging toys and boxes - they seem to think it's a mission to destroy them :lol:

That's brilliant thank you and will he still enjoy those with his blindness? Do they have any special requirements that I need to know about please, as I've only before had the mini lop earred dwarfs or a couple of rexes. Also, sorry to ask so much but I've been given no info regarding his diet, and is he likely to have any special requirements there. He is having loads of hay and my bunnies never run out of hay. He will be fed morning and night the same as my other 2, is that ok and how much should he be eating please. I use SS and my 2 other buns aren't greedy bunnies at all and only eat what they need, and are good hay eaters. Bodger is 2 and Dipsy is 5 months and they have a small handful each morning and night, but don't eat all of them. How much would Buster need please. All buns get a handful of green stuff each morning and night and carrots. Do you think Buster needs a lot more green stuff, and other veg? He can have whatever he needs, I just need to know what it is. Thank you so much for your help.

Last edited:
That's brilliant thank you and will he still enjoy those with his blindness?

I would think so. If he scent marks them the first time he'll then remember them the next time you get them out. We have two little indoor rabbits and we don't always get their tunnels out everytime and when we do they act like it's christmas, as if they've never seen it before :lol: I think you will need to try and test things. What about a treat ball ? That'd be good as he'd be using his nose rather than eyes.

Mine like to toss anything they can around, boxes, empty toilet rolls (sometimes filled with hay and the odd treat) and they nudge toy balls around too :wave:

Back