• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay (ran out!)

CwningenBach

Warren Scout
Hello

Stupid me. Stupid Pets at Home. Shuts at 6. Not 7. Who shuts at 6 on a Saturday? Who the hell leaves without checking? :oops:

Anyway. Need emergency hay for evening. Sainsburys have what can only be described as **** hay, will that be OK for the night? Or is hay bound by the same rules as all new foods with buns - slowly introduce? Surely not :(

Bad day for Sherlock, this. Argh.

I've used supermarket hay, mine actually like it :roll:
I've always just added any type of hay, I don't think it'd be a problem unless it was a very sensitive rabbit?

I thought so. Thanks. :)

I'm in such a mood! Argh. Nicely enough, this hay actually smells nicer than pets at home Timothy (their favourite, no matter how much I tell them...)

Mine won't eat pets at homes hay :lol: only hay they'll eat from there is the excel stuff and I'm not spending £5 on a small bag of hay - they'd eat 3 in a week!

A night of supermarket hay shouldn't do them any harm. Let us know if they like it. :wave:

My Spenser is one of the fussiest buns on RU, but he enjoys a good nom on his supermarket hay when he is in his basin 'at his business'. ;)

Well, well! They don't half mind it :) It is much greener than Pets Timothy Hay, though a little stringy. Reminds me of shredded wheat in texture. It is meadow hay so I do want to get them Timothy Hay, but I think they have enjoyed the change.

I might order it instead of Pets Timothy Hay, which for the past few weeks has been pretty dismal. Quite yellow, not much smell etc. and even this Sainsburys one is made up of much longer strands.

Susie, I've read about Spenser... He's a hero. ;) Rock star rabbit.

Back