• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet Plan and dentals

weedug

Mama Doe
How good are they at paying out?

Fluff had to have a dental today. Not sure what was wrong yet, but x-rays were taken. They will go over them when I pick him up. He always has his teeth checked when he gets his jags.

I'm really worried as the bill has come to quite a lot!

mine always pay for dentals.

Thank you! I know no-one can say if they will pay in his case, but there is a glimmer of hope at least!

My vet usually lets me pay up, if it's not covered by insurance, but I am skint just now, and don't know how long it will take me to get the money :(

They paid for Barney's last dental, but wrote a note to say that, as in their policy, they do not cover burring of the teeth and that the fact they paid out was a one-off only, because it was part of the treatment for another problem (weight loss and gut problems).

They paid for Barney's last dental, but wrote a note to say that, as in their policy, they do not cover burring of the teeth and that the fact they paid out was a one-off only, because it was part of the treatment for another problem (weight loss and gut problems).

i got this too with mabels first dental anymore now and tehy wont pay out :(

They only paid for part of Benjie's "dental" - the part to remove the unsuspected growth from under his tongue.

I suppose I'll just have to wait to see what they will pay for.

Fluff had to have x-rays on his tummy too, to rule out a blockage, so he had to be put under for that, and he needed x-rays of his teeth.

I'm kind of expecting them to only pay part of the cost.

I suppose I'll just have to wait to see what they will pay for.

Fluff had to have x-rays on his tummy too, to rule out a blockage, so he had to be put under for that, and he needed x-rays of his teeth.

I'm kind of expecting them to only pay part of the cost.

If your vet says that all the investigations of her teeth were because of his tummy problems there's a very good chance they'll pay up in full.
So much depends on the vet report, & that can depend on whether the management includes a senior vet.;)

As long as it is not just a routine dental, they have always paid for my buns. My vet is brilliant though, and claims direct from them so I only have to pay the £50 excess to him, and he always words it so that it sounds like the teeth were really causing some other problem, which of course they were but just beefs it up a bit and never had a problem. They paid out 4 times on one bunny of mine last year, so I really wouldn't worry too much about it.

Back