• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stevie gets an mot on Tuesday.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Stevie, the blind, deaf REW is in for an op on Tuesday.
His eyes have been weepy for a couple of days, so I took him in yesterday for a check up.
He has a few hooks on his teeth, and the vet will flush his tear ducts too. The vet also noticed chunks of waxy stuff in one of his ears but we cannot check him easily as he is jumpy because of his disabilities, so they will clean his ears at the same time.
Hopefully he will feel better after a tidy up and we can think about introductions.
I was hoping to bond him with Milly but we lost her last month, so after looking at the neutered girls we have ( some still waiting to be done) I'm going to try him with Daisy first, she's a nice girl and not too feisty.

Stevie is back home, his tear ducts were not blocked, his bloods were fine, he had a few spurs on his teeth but didn't seem bad and his ears looked ok. The vet did say he had some scabs around his mouth, I hadn't noticed, but he is on Baytril for a week and panacur ( his head seems to be more tilted lately). If no improvement in a week he will go onto betamox but we really don't know why his eyes are weeping and he has a scabby mouth. He was a bit dopey when we picked him up and has passed some squishy poohs but was nibbling on hay when I last checked.

Glad Stevies op went without a hitch, hope you get to the bottom of the other issues.

Back