• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Heated Bowl works!! And some bunny pics.

Alibunmum

Wise Old Thumper
I am so pleased. I rigged it up last night after the bowls were frozen the night before and it is incredible. The bowls were frozen solid and the heated bowl is at room temperature.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

When I was out cleaning them out, I rarely see them drink but today three of them had good long drinks while I was out. It holds abaout 4 pints so enough for seve buns overnight. I managed to catch Floppy in the act.

20121213_140451.jpg

After cleaning out and putting in fresh hay, they descended like buns posessed! Ali was struggling to find a space though.

20121213_140254.jpg

So she went off in search of hay in their snuggle area.

20121213_140313.jpg

But then they all squidged up and fitted into the litter tray together. There were seven in the bed..

20121213_140405.jpg

The bowl came from America, it worked out at $41 or £25.50 including delivery. Expensive but then if it works.....!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00

It says it works to -20f which is -29C

Excellent gadget! :thumb:

Aww, bless them. :love: Can you tell the REWs apart without looking 'down below'?

OMG I love your group! Such a nifty idea too!

Thank you! They are a fab lot. Two girls are due to be spayed but they are holding on as part of the group. Millie, who is spayed, is more hormonal than either of them!! They will be done after Christmas.

Excellent gadget! :thumb:

Aww, bless them. :love: Can you tell the REWs apart without looking 'down below'?

I love it!

Islay has a finer head and narrower skull than her brother who has a bit of a bruiser head. She is on abx just now though so I do have a quick check I have picked up the right bun before I give the meds.

There was a tip on the RWA facebook page about putting a heatpad under the water bowl. Worked a treat:thumb:

That is a great tip. I would need a few and smaller bowls for it to work for 7 so the heated bowl works out more cost effective.:D

Day 2 and the water is room temp again and they have drunk loads. I am so pleased for them and love the thought that they have something 'warm' in their tummies!

I'm really tempted to get one this year. Did you have to pay any customs charges as its from outside uk? Also what did you do about the plug, I presume I need some sort of adaptor?

I'm really tempted to get one this year. Did you have to pay any customs charges as its from outside uk? Also what did you do about the plug, I presume I need some sort of adaptor?

The charges were included in the price from Amazon. They quote a price and if it is over they pay the difference, if under they refund it. You need a US to UK adapter.

I have to say, it is perfect again this year. Normal water, frozen solid and the heated bowl is fine.

Awwww, I didnt realise you had more bunnies Ali, they are very sweet!!,

I don't Fee, this was the last photos of the big group last year.:cry::cry: They were Angelina's babies I was going to rehome but as my back deteriorated I had to give them up to be rehomed.

Awww..... what a shame... They are gorgeous.... ..

The bowl is fantastic, i recall you mentioning that.. My issue is i dont have a socket handy to plug it in

:evil:

Awww..... what a shame... They are gorgeous.... ..

The bowl is fantastic, i recall you mentioning that.. My issue is i dont have a socket handy to plug it in

:evil:

We run an outdoor extension cable from the garage which powers lights as well as the fan in summer!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Masterplug-...17071&sr=8-2&keywords=outdoor+power+extension

They were a fab group and I especially miss Buzz because he was so cuddly. They were born in the house on my birthday last year!!

Back