• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worth the risk?

purplesponge

Warren Scout
Hi guys, we've just got 2 baby girls, who we were hoping to introduce to our current lone male, once they had been spayed in the new year. (it was only originally supposed to be 1!) However, after reading on the forum, would it possibly be better to leave the girls as they are, and try and find 1 lady for our male, I don't want the other two falling out because of it! Thanks in advance!!

I have two girls and a boy together. It was a bit of a slog but thats more because Nutmeg is, well, Nutmeg. ;) Personally I would try them as a trio first as based on my experience it is a lot easier to care for one group than two pairs. With two pairs you have to have two of everything, even things you hadnt thought about; two dustpan and brushes, two brooms, two pellets scoops, two bowls, two sets of toys, two areas for them, two lots of hay, two litter boxes to change, etc.

But having said that there is a possibilty the girls may fall out. I would think if you keep them well seperate from your boy until they're spayed you have less chance of that happening. There is a possibilty the girls may fall out when they get hormonal anyway. In which case you may find you want another boy so you have two m/f pairs.

Back